Saturday, January 24, 2009

Less than four months to go

Okay, I admit it. I'm starting to get worried. I have NO baby stuff. Okay, I have one or two things left over, but I gave all of the rest of it to my sister-in-law Jill who just had a baby last September. But- that was all BOY stuff. Now I'm going to need GIRL stuff. Holy cow am I going to need girl stuff. My sister Heidi has my crib (who is going to give it back), my sister Kelly has my high chair (who said she's not giving it back... but she is.) I gave all this stuff away because I wasn't getting pregnant. I'm glad that I gave it away. After a lot of tears I finally let it all go. I guess that was the key. After 3 years of holding onto it- give it all away. Bada bing- pregnant. Why did I wait so long?

We are going to start remodeling our master bedroom/bathroom. Finally! It was a year ago now that we started remodeling the house. It's all been done now except our bed/bath for more than 6 months. When we finally got around to thinking about our room it was the holidays and I didn't want to do it during the hectic holidays. Another exciting thing is that we have a basement now! Our renters moved out the end of October (miss you guys) and we were going to rent it out again, but then we decided that we want the extra room. I was going to have to give up my sewing/craft room for a nursery! Can you even imagine the pain?? HA! Now we have three extra rooms down there to spread out. I actually don't know what to do with all that extra space. Right now it is the biggest toy room ever for Brendan. He has a lot of his toys down there along with our old TV/X-box with several games. I am really needing HGTV down there pronto! Before we start the reno we need to move all my sewing/craft stuff down stairs and then move our bedroom stuff into the future nursery. That way we can start remodeling the bathroom without having to live directly IN it. Then, when we are all done, we have to move it all back and fix up the nursery with our phantom furniture all within four months. YIKES! The good news is that I have already girly-ed up that room for my personal space, so I won't need to re-paint or get too many new decorations.
After we are done with the upstairs, I need to start thinking about the huge toy room we have made down stairs. I don't want it to be just a huge toy room, although Brendan really does.

6 comments:

  1. Time to start shopping!!:) I can't wait. I think I might go make one of those paper chains like you make in elemetary school to count down to that oh so important event...pink and lavender construction paper! I just love a good art project. I think for your baby gift I will but her a hat like Aretha Franklin Wore @ the inauguration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously love the hat idea! Maybe I will have her wear it for her blessing day!! I wonder if that hat comes in white? Find out for me k- love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah less than 4 months to us! I will take your crib apart after I tend Kanyon on April 10th. That gives you a month left.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What? Your renters moved out? How could they leave landlords as cool as you guys? I'm sooo glad you guys can have that space.. there is a LOT of it! We are missing Brendan really bad. Will still knows who he is when your blog pulls up he points and says "Mandy... Brendan!" We will be at your church on Sunday so I hope you will be there. Skyler, being more affiliated with the NFL church then the LDS church wanted to go to whatever church was the earliest before the Superbowl. You better put up pics of your new master bed/bath!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cas, we miss you guys too. Every time he's down there he says "This is where Bear was." and points to whatever. It's pretty funny. You'll have to catch him after SM on Sunday to say hi. He'd love to see bear. I'll be on stage as usual. HA!

    ReplyDelete