Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Whistle while you... drive Mama crazy

Brendan started whistling when he was 2. He learned it while watching Snow White. Yes, he loved watching those dwarfs mining with their axes and he loves the music. Once while in the car all those years ago, Jason and I were talking and all of a sudden from the back seat comes out a whistle. We looked at each other like- 'Did you just hear that?' We looked back at Brendan who had a huge grin on his face, and then more whistling ensued. Three years later he can actually whistle a whole song. This last weekend while losing his voice he has decided that he is going to whistle. All. Day. Long. It has been since Saturday. You would think that his little cheeks would start to hurt. No such luck. You would think that he would get winded. Nope. He whistles both inhaling AND exhaling. Saturday night he whistled "Come on it's lovely weather for a sleigh ride together with you" about a million times. I finally snapped and said "Brendan, I either need you to stop whistling or sing a different song." He immediately started with the Star Wars theme. To compose my anxieties I have started playing Name That Tune with him. He comes up with a lot of Christmas songs. I tried to stump him with a Madonna song, but he guessed it right away. Last night while Jason was trying to sleep (he went to bed early because he had to work today) he wouldn't stop. He even said that he was going to "Just whistle quietly." and blew out air from his mouth, but didn't have the sound. It was pretty funny. Today for pre-school that was his show and tell. After class I asked the teacher if she was annoyed. She just smiled and said "He sure loves to whistle." I am now enjoying a break while he is over at my mom's house. Although, I can still hear whistling in my head. I have asked Brendan to share a tune with you all. I am hoping that you will all play it on a continual basis for the next 100 hours straight to gain some sympathy for me. Please.

Okay people- Name That Tune! (This is all vintage furnature from my Grandma Davis. We love it!)

3 comments:

  1. I know it... but I don't know if you want me to say it and give it away! Lets just say its a common primary song...

    Dang Mandy he is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...lead me guide me....la la la la, help me find...la la...

    Great little whistler!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a funny little man! Maybe he can teach Ky, she really wants to learn and I can't whistle worth a darn!

    ReplyDelete