My mom threw a Twilight party on Saturday night. We would have gone Friday, but the movie was sold out about 3 weeks ago. No matter, still as exciting as opening night. We had a big pot luck dinner and about 30 people came. She had games and the U/BYU game on in the background. She was really excited about putting it all together and did a really great job. Thanks Mom!
I really liked the movie. Because I saw it the second day I had heard people liked it AND disliked it, so I didn't get my hopes up too much. I thought they did a great job. Stuck to the book pretty much and you believed the characters. The only thing that bothered me, and don't read the next line if you don't want to- but during the first part through about halfway there wasn't any background music. No score to have behind the dialogue. I thought it would be much better if there wasn't silence between the lines. But then about halfway through the finally figured that out and put music behind it.
If you have seen the movie- what did you like about it/ dislike about it? I am interested in your thoughts, as we have all been anticipating this since Stephenie announced it. BTW: Did you see her in the movie??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hmmmm, no music eh? I've heard mixed reviews on the movie too. I'm going tomorrow night, I'll let you know what I think.
ReplyDeleteShe was in the movie? When? I liked the casting a LOT, especially Charlie. THe whole thing was a lot like how I pictured the book. I didn't like how twitchy/nervous Bella was most the time even though I know that was intentional... I was suprised at how much humor they added to it... that was fun!
ReplyDeleteShe was in the diner when Charlie and Bella were there with the kids dancing outside the window. She was at the bar and the waitress served her a piece of pie. Very fast..
ReplyDeleteYes, I liked the humor part of it. I thought there was a lot in the book, so I was glad to see it on screen as well.
hmmm. haven't seen it yet. i did read all the books, but wondered if the movie would freak me out. i am pretty whimpy with scary stuff, but really did pretty addicted to the books,
ReplyDeleteI loved it! I think they had a huge task with casting....4 books with millions of readers, all with their own image of each character in their head. I was very happy, Esme was my favorite, and cute Jacob. Can't wait for the next movie when Jacob gets 'big'! Now we wait again!
ReplyDeleteYes, she did have a heck of a job casting. I thought she did a pretty good job. At first I thought not-- but I changed my mind after seeing it. I think a lot of the people who didn't like it was because of what they had in their own heads. You need to go in with an open mind.... just let it be what it is.
ReplyDeleteNo, Noel, I don't think you're going to be scared. It's just not a scary movie! It's a love story!!
I loved it! Edward is hot! Can't wait to see the next one! It motivated me to finally start reading the 4th book!
ReplyDeleteI heard that Stephanie had no say in the casting
ReplyDeleteI loved the movie too. I have seen it twice. I loved who they picked for Jacob. And I thought Charlie was good too. I did see Stephanie Meyers in it too.
ReplyDelete