Tuesday, November 11, 2008

It's just a movie....right?

Why am I so excited to see Twilight? Not just excited... obsessed. Obsessed about seeing Edward in real life (almost). Are we as millions of fans going to be disappointed? Kelly and I were talking about this last night. We don't remember Edward and Bella climbing and swinging through the trees like we see in the trailers. I don't care. I'm still in love.

Did you hear about Obama reading the books with his little girls??

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2008/11/10/president-elect-obama-reads-twilight-so-is-he-team-edward-or-team-jacob/

Maybe he'll add a new member of his cabinet
SECRETARY OF DEFENCE:
The one thing holding me over until the 21st is this man: SOOOO EXCITED!! I'm actually in love with him too.

4 comments:

  1. You already know how I feel about Twilight, but I can put that aside to answer your question objectively.

    No, Twilight is not just a movie. It is an event. Similar to Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter. Normal movies don't have much of a buildup where an entire culture, or in this case gender, would move heaven and hell to go see it. Fantasy literature fans would sell their souls to get to a midnight showing of Rings, crazed mothers all over the world would do just about anything humanly possible to get Hannah Montana tickets for their daughters. Look at the pandemonium that broke out for Phantom Menace. And the majority of people left that movie absolutely ELATED, loving the thing. And it was easily one of the worst movies ever made.

    So no, it is not just a movie, and no...you won't be disappointed. You and every other obsessed female will return home to your poor husbands with an increased sense of entitlement to things that just aren't real.

    So now I'm in the market for an Edward costume. That is, if Sherri will dress up like Wonder Woman for me... *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right. Definately an event. As for your costume you just need to grow your hair long, grow another 5 inches taller and get topaz colored contacts. Oh yeah, and have chiseled EVERYTHING and paint your skin white, but shimmery. And as far as being real... he can totally exist. You guys just have to humor us for a few days!! HA! Wonder Woman isn't as complicated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am excited... and I didn't even finish the books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey its the cousin!! Im glad to see you have a blog.. we never get to see much of you so its nice to see whats going on in you lives.. I had no idea you were pregos!! congrats.. whens the big day???
    WEll take care, im sure we will see ya at christmas

    ReplyDelete