Thursday, November 20, 2008
Coming to terms with my lovely pregnant bump
I had my 14 week Dr's appointment today. Everything is on track. I love hearing the swish-swish-swish of the heart beat. It makes things more real and the nausea a little easier. And I will emphasise a little. He finally gave me a prescription for the nausea and I am excited about that. Not that I need to gain weight by being able to eat more. Oh no! I'm only three months and was so determined not to need maternity clothes for another month. But, that little belly popped out the other morning. You used to be able to get through dinner without undoing your button, but now it's more like after breakfast. But-- I am going to use the excuse that I have a small pelvis. That's why Brendan was C-section after all. He COULDN'T drop! I would have been one of those pioneer women who died on the plains because her baby couldn't come out. So, therefore the uterus can't fit down there anymore. It has got to poke out. And so I have a bigger pooch than before. I still don't look pregnant, just fat. (Like I said, I'm going to use this excuse!) It doesn't help that Heidi still doesn't look pregnant at all. I did, however pull out my belly pictures from last time (I'll spare you your nausea) and I am looking the same I did last time, and so is she. So that makes me feel a little better about the whole situation. That, and I am just glad to be having another baby. I did order some pregnancy work-out DVDs that I'm excited about. (Very beginner ones, I will add.) After being sick for so long last month I lost a lot of muscle. It didn't help that I had a virus in my muscles and joints. It was HELL! Especially after not being able to take any Ibuprofen. I'm still in withdrawal. I did go get a massage last weekend though. It was HEAVENLY. I have decided that I need one every week. I have also decided that it needs to continue once a week through age 80.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I totally hate that "not looking pregnant yet" phase of being pregnant. My first three I was lucky and didn't need maternity clothes until I was about 20 weeks. This time around I think I started wearing them at like 12 weeks. I think my pelvis shrunk. Can I use that excuse???
ReplyDeleteYou should post belly pictures!!
ReplyDeleteWoman- 20 Weeks? You SUCK! Actually, that's great! I'm totally jealous.
ReplyDeleteI haven't posted any belly pictures yet because I don't want anyone to lose their lunch! I guess I will in a few days though. I need to get them in a scrapbook like I did with Brendan. Just don't say I didnt warn you!
Good for you on getting a massage. If I ever have excessive amounts of money, I would definately get a weekly massage!
ReplyDeleteMandy, I'm dying to read what you have to say about the Twilight movie. I'm sure you've seen it, I have not but I want to see what your response is. By the way, last I say you you looked GREAT!
ReplyDelete