Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Volcanic fire balls

The last few weeks have been crazy. I've tried so hard to keep myself together. Some say I've done well, others (Jason) would say that I'm a raving lunatic. Okay, not raving, just plain lunatic. All I remember is that he is strongly holding my shoulders sternly saying that maybe I shouldn't scare the kids.

Whatever.

So... The other night I had a terrible nightmare. Jason, Brendan and I traveled to a place called Seattle. (sidebar: It might have been because I just watched Grey's Anatomy.) Only this wasn't the real Seattle, it was a group of islands gathered around a larger island that has a very large volcano on it. This place reminded me of a jungle-y Venice. You got around by boat then walked everywhere on the outlying islands. There were people that would sound sirens when the volcano was about to erupt as a courtesy so you could RUN THE HELL AWAY from it. It didn't just spew molten lava down the sides. It threw out fire balls. Poisonous fire balls. If you got any of the fire on you then you would have to go the the nearest medical facility and get treated lest your skin fall off your bones. The dream had no meaning other than I was frantically running and ducking and trying to protect Jason, Brendan and myself from getting hit with these fireballs while watching other peoples skin melt off. We dodged it for the most part except for a small burn that I got on my shoulder. You'd think that the Holy Garments would save me from having a flesh eating fireball land on my shoulder, but hey- I can live with the fact that maybe in this world I wasn't wearing them, or that they didn't offer any kind of protection under Seattleian Rule. I just will never know. The medical teams took care of my shoulder. I would live. More importantly, my family would live.

Another thing to note: apparently Addison didn't exist in my dream. If she did, she would have probably wanted to go to the big island with the volcano and put her mouth on it. Throw something into it, or say No to it defiantly one million times in one hour. I think my brain needed an Addy vacation.

This dream bugged me really bad for a few days. It was pure chaos. Then I finally went to my trusty Dream log website and this is what it said.

Volcano
To see a volcano in your dream, indicates that you are unable to control your emotions, particularly if the volcano is erupting. You are ready to burst. The outcome may be damaging and hurtful, especially to those around you. If the volcano is dormant, then it represents past issues that have been resolved and put to the rest.


So watch out people! This volcano is loaded. And it is completely accurate to assume that I am unable to control my emotions. At least we've all been warned. Lord help me get through the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment