Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Nudist painting

Before we move in I am painting some accent walls in the bedrooms and family room. Brendan got to choose his colors that he wanted in his room. He chose black for one wall, red, green and blue. You know, for Batman, Spider Man, The Hulk and Superman. So I steered him into a more subtle palate and we went to get the paint swatches and I had him pick out a blue and a green from three different colors. It was a great compromise. For me.

Before I started painting Brendan told me that he wanted to paint his room. Because he was an "excellent painter". So I had my sister trim the walls and I decided to wait and have Brendan come and help paint his walls.

But Addison was with us. And she must do whatever Brendan does.

Because Brendan didn't bring his paint clothes I made him get down to his undies so that he didn't get paint on his nice school clothes. No matter how excellent he is, he is prone to getting paint on him at some point. And because Brendan took his clothes off, she had to take her clothes off. But she didn't want to just take her clothes off, she needed her diaper off too. And because she is also an excellent painter, she had to do it herself. She would dip the brush into the paint can, drip it all over the tarp, walk in it and then slop it on the wall. I just held my breath and let it happen because really, it was either that, or have her scream at the top of her lungs until I let her do it. So I went and got the camera. If you can't beat em, join em.



I then sent the kids downstairs after only a few minutes of painting and went over it so it wasn't dripping down the walls. OCD? Maybe, but I'll let them keep their painting drips to their construction paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment