Tuesday, March 8, 2011

It's almost like not knowing exactly when your going to have that baby

It has been brought to my attention today that I have been a blogging slacker. So what I haven't blogged for like a week? I'm too busy having nightmares about packing up my house and moving to a new one. I have likened it to having a baby. You have a guesstimated time of the end, but don't know EXACTLY when it's going to happen. You wait, watch for signs, wait for phone calls, but ultimately I haven't gotten an exact date and time of closure. Boy am I so glad I had a C-section. Sure, the first time around I had to wait and see and then at the last second we finally had to have an emergency one. But that second one... oh man that second one was heaven. The exact date and time was established by the first doctors appointment and so I KNEW where the finish line was.

Yes, I'm that person. One who has to know exactly where that finish line is. Preferably with latitude, longitude and exact mileage please. I'm not at all OCD. It's called proficiency. (And maybe a little OCD.)


So, here I sit with an almost finished house. I am so excited I can taste the fumes of the freshly varnished floor. Really, I can. That smell has impregnated my nostrils. I am waiting for the realtor to call me as I type to tell me when we can do our walk through with the roll of blue tape. He's waiting for the Super to call him. And the Super is waiting for the City inspector to come over to give him a certificate of occupancy. I mean, that is a must. I just wish they would be a little more prompt and DO IT RIGHT NOW!

With all that being said, someone already went through with a roll of blue tape and practically taped the whole house together. I think that they knew I was so anxious to get in there with my own roll that they pre-empted my fun.

Addison has already picked out her ideal time-out spot. I'll just have to move that middle shelf and put a little doggie bed in there. Love this girl!!

2 comments:

  1. Thankyou! I like the blue spotted look you've gone with...I feel a decorating trend coming on...Yes?...No?
    They say that when you are getting close to "delivery" a little hanky panky can speed the process up...just sayin' :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture of her! So cute!

    ReplyDelete