Thursday, March 10, 2011

The warm before the storm

Brendan came home last week from school insisting that we go to the park RIGHT THAT MINUTE OR HE MIGHT EXPLODE! Here's me: Um, no. It's a little chilly out and we need to go over spelling.

So, we went over to the park. I drew the line at walking there though! I really put my foot down on that one! No push over here!

It actually didn't suck. I had been in a bad mood, Addy was ornery all day and I was just not up to going outside. I was still in my jammies, for one. For two- so was Addy. I had been calling around trying to get bids on water softeners/fencing/and getting the Super to tell me when he was going to be done. Which will be tomorrow.

So we hurry and get dressed and head over to the park. Brendan brought his soccer ball and bubbles to play with Addison, which she loved. But then Brendan ditched us to go play with the other two boys playing catch.

A side bar on my son. He will ask a snake if it wants to play. If you look like you want to have any kind of fun whatsoever, then he will befriend you.

So we head over to the playground with his new BFF's. Addison quickly follows his lead and wants to go down the slide- or the "WEEEE" as she calls it. Every time she goes down, "WEEEE". It's pretty hilarious/precious.

As soon as Addison figures out how to climb up the stairs by herself, there was no stopping her. She must have gone down that slide 50 times in a row. Wear her out I say!

WEEEEE

WEEEE
Giving them both a 10 minute buffer of "It's time to go home now" always lowers the blow a little bit. Brendan is used to this now and is a very fine tactic for him. Addison on the other hand has not learned nor grasped this concept. For all she knows 10 minutes is all day. Well, when the time came and we were going to meet Daddy out at the new house, getting her into the car wasn't unlike the tantrums Brendan used to throw. Boy, were they dooseys! Can I just send a shout out to those days that are behind us! HOLLA! I swear, I thought that kid was going to be the end of me. But he wasn't, and now his sister is taking over the reign of The Tantrum Queen.
And I kid you not when she screamed WEEE WEEE WEEE all the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment