Thursday, January 20, 2011

So... the truth comes out

I got a call from my Realtor this morning saying that he talked to the big guys for me. Turns out that the builder is going to miss out on $1400 in rebates from the power company. A rebate that they were not going to pass along to us. So all of this because a million dollar company wants $1400 back in a rebate. I am going to be like those Mexican people that are hired to stand behind a plastic sign that says "SHAME ON ABC BUILDERS! LABOR DISPUTE!"

AND they want to charge me $400 to change them over because the electrical guys have to come out and tear the old ones out and put new ones in. And that the old ones will be forever destroyed because obviously they don't know how to pull out their own equipment. In remodeling this house we had to take a few out because we put them in the wrong spot and had to move them. They will be able to use them again. Just another lame excuse.

In fact when they called the electrician this morning to tell him of a customer who wasn't happy, he said "I know exactly who it is." I always make an impression. HA! Not to mention that Jason bought his crew lunch that day!

The lights weren't to be installed until tomorrow and I have been in contact with the builder for weeks now trying to get them to install the correct ones. Because they went ahead and had them install the wrong ones we are now having to pay. When I told the realtor that I thought that was ridiculous he said that if he went back to the big guys to tell them I wasn't going to pay, they would just leave it the way it was. He offered to pay half of the cost. I took him up on it.

In my good news minute- I have windows! They put in all the windows today and I can hardly stand it. They even open and close! But when I went out there to take pictures my camera told me that I didn't have my SD card in it. Rats! I'll go out there tomorrow and see what else has happened. Friday we have our 4-way walk through. I'll tell you what a 4-way entails on Friday. I still think of something dirty. I have no idea why they call it that. I'll suggest a new name when I find out what it is. They will give us an estimated time of completion then. They are starting to sheet-rocking on Monday. So I'm guessing it'll be sometime around the first of February.

1 comment:

  1. So crazy about your light situation! To be honest, I don't know what the difference is between those two kind of lights.... Yeah, I'm kind of challenged that way! I'm going to have to google it!

    Can't wait to see some pictures with your windows in! Woo-hoo!

    ReplyDelete