Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year!

2011. It seems like science fiction when you see a number that big. I for one never thought this year would come. Only because when we were in elementary school and we would say the date and pledge this year seemed so far away. Surely, I would be dead by then. Or worse- in an old folks home. But, alas, it is here and I am surprisingly young, and it is much less techie than I imagined it to be. Yeah, we have really cool gadgets, but let’s face it- we all thought we would be riding in hover crafts. At least a skateboard like the one Marty McFly rode in ‘Back to the Future part 2’.

In lieu of making resolutions this year I have decided to make a list of things I hope to get around to.

• I hope to not get a speeding ticket this year.
• I hope to find the will power to start working out regularly. I have been working out, but certainly not regularly.
• I hope they won’t put me in a loony bin this year. You just never know, do you?
• I hope to have more patience with my kids. This will hopefully keep me out of said loony bin.
• I hope to keep up on my blog so I don’t have to backtrack like I’m going to have to for this last month. Where did time go?
• I hope to be able to not spend money so frivolously. After we buy the X-box Kinect, of course.
• I hope the move goes smoothly.
• I hope to be able to start quilting again.
• I hope to keep a picture of the day going. I resolved to do that last year, but you can see how that turned out. Or not see, for that matter. :)
• I hope to be more loving and patient towards my family.

I better keep it to a short list. I hate feeling guilty about not making things happen, and who wants to feel bad about New Year’s resolutions gone awry?

Back posts coming soon about our Christmas holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment