It has been a while since I have mentioned that we are moving. I am so excited I can hardly stand it. I haven't talked about it for a while because things were in the 'works'. We had to pick out this and decide on that all before they would dig the hole. It felt like an eternity before they started to dig. On the day they were getting started Jason and I drove out there to watch. I was kidding to Jason saying "Hey- maybe they'll let me dig some." He said Yeah right. They probably have a code that would make it illegal. We get to the lot and we see the rig, and we see the guys. Only, they couldn't start because someone forgot to label the sewer line. Minor detail.
Hey Earl, did you find them there sewer lines yet? Just kidding. They don't talk like they're from the south. But seriously. Why don't we get on the phone and ask someone where that stupid thing is? It took them all day to figure it out. Sheesh!
You can see the spray paint of the outline of the house where they should be digging.

So I asked the guys if I could at least stand by the scooper- which is the technical term- and have Jason take my picture next to it. The guy said "Well, don't you want to dig some dirt? We could just go out in the middle where it wouldn't be near the sewer line and it won't matter."
It didn't take but a split second to say "FOR SURE!"

He kept telling me which arm to move and man- do those things move. They are so sensitive the slightest touch and I could have taken out my next door neighbors fifth wheel! That will be one view that I'll be seeing for a long time.


I dug it and moved it all the way to the other side and then I dumped it. It was AWESOME! I was able to dig the first hole on our new home.

The next morning it snowed. They had to re-paint the outline and my nice next door neighbor on the other side took this great picture for me.
You looked way too comfortable behind the controls of that scooper! Maybe you're missing your calling in life as "professional first hole digger". So excited for you! I love watching your progress!
ReplyDelete