Saturday, May 29, 2010

Another year together

Our marriage has now turned 12. I love you so much Jason. Thank you for the life we have. It has truly been one amazing adventure. You told me once that it has been about 5 really good years. We deducted time for college and home remodeling. If a couple can survive a major home renovation, then they can survive anything. Marriage certainly has its ups and downs, but we work it out together. Anyone telling you that they have had a perfect life together is selling something. And that something might be weed. Or at least something we couldn't use, anyway.

Thank you for the beautiful children we have together. Those are some more years that were hard- during all of the infertility treatments and hormones. Five and a half years total, to be exact. Those hormones, I'm sure, are what screwed me up. (Just go with it) I never thought I could love something so deeply than our own children. Thank you for making it so I could stay home and raise them. That is something that I am learning to appreciate more and more every day.

I bring up some rough times to make us appreciate all of the great times that we have together. I love spending time with you. I love that we do everything together like we're old best friends. We have similar interests which people have told me is weird to not have something of my own that I love to do- but I would rather just do it with you. I love that you have several days off of work in a row and that we never get sick of each other. I love traveling with you. I love that I came home late last weekend and we talked for another three hours. I love that you let me be silly and girly. I love that you let me be emotional and crazy. I love you for the wonderful father you are. It is so fun to watch both Brendan and Addison light up when you come in the room.

Most of all, I love the way you love me. You love me unconditionally, and I love you just the same. I hope we have 12 x's 6 -at least- more years together. The best is yet to come- you'll see.
Just remember you're planning the 15th anniversary, and I would like to put my two cents in for Hawaii. We haven't been there in a while. Maybe Tahiti. Okay- we'll wait to see what the world is in three years and plan from there.
All My Love,
Mandy

2 comments:

  1. That is very sweet. I'm sure Jas appreicates hearing it! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I miss you guys! Happy Anniversary! BTW this is a beautiful picture of you and your kids!

    ReplyDelete