Sunday, May 16, 2010

Addison's first birthday party

Dear Addison,

I can't believe my little baby girl has turned one year old! I have been going through so many emotions today as we celebrated. What a ride it has been! It seems like just yesterday we were in awe of how much black hair you had! I couldn't take my eyes off of you because I couldn't believe you were mine. It's a good thing that your dad saw them take you out of my body, otherwise I would have thought they made a switch in the nursery. You were, and still are, so beautiful. Your big blue eyes are so mesmerizing and your perfect heart shaped lips are so cute- even when they frown. You are the spitting image of your dad but at least you have my dimple and possibly my red hair. I have loved watching you grow and learn about this world that we live in and how you want everything RIGHT NOW! You are so vocal about everything. You haven't said many, if any, words yet but you know exactly how to tell everyone exactly what you want. And you know what you want. And if we give you something that you don't, you either push it away or you take it and then throw it away. You are a handful! You are constantly moving. We have had to "Addy Proof" everything. You can move faster than any baby I know. I can't turn my back on you for a second! Literally though- you don't let me go anywhere. You have turned into a mama's girl and whine, cry and often times scream at the top of your very large lungs if I even turn my back on you. While this is very challenging, I couldn't love you more. This year has been a challenge for the both of us, but I am glad we are doing it together. I am so blessed to have you in our family.

I can not tell you how great it was to be decorating in pink. Having super hero birthdays for the last six years has been awesome but it was time to girly things up around here.

"Her colors are pink and pink."
"My colors are blush and bashful. Pink is my signature color." (Just a little movie trivia for you. It's from Steel Magnolia's. You should definitely see it sometime. Julia Roberts got her first Oscar nomination from it.)

I think pink is your signature color too.

You are going to have to get used to me taking a lot of pictures. Your dad thinks I'm part Asian Tourist.Here we are opening presents. You got very many wonderful things. Thank you to everyone! In the bottom left we went around and gave everyone a thank you kiss. This is Great-Grandma 'D' Putnam. Jason's Maternal Grandma.
Singing Happy Birthday and Brendan helping you blow out the candle. He will be helping you on every birthday from now on until you yell at him, but I promise to light the candles a hundred times. Okay, at least twice. This year you just wanted to eat the candle. Not so sure about the cake, though.
"I think I need to wash this down." You love ice water. You love chewing on ice.
Get rid of the plate to the floor and smash it all up. YUM!
Would you like some cake too??
I love you so much! You are truly a little princess!
Love,
Mama

1 comment:

  1. Looks like everthing turned out super cute! Happy Birthday to Addison!

    ReplyDelete