These are his best friends from Kindergarten. Sarah Feldman and Jaxon Thurman. They are good kids. Sarah is one of the guys. And all the guys love her. Brendan says he doesn't love her- they are just best friends. I guess the feeling is mutual.
He failed to inform me that it was Sunday dress for Thursday's Parents performance. Oh well- at least he looked really nice, and not like the kid who was wearing a Spongebob tee-shirt. Friday, when they performed for the school kids I was sure that he was going to be in his Sunday dress. Nice blue and white stripped button down with khacki slacks. Jason took him while I stayed home with Addison. They got back and Jason said to me "You're never going to believe this. They all wore Red, Black and White today!" Again- failed to mention that. It is weird because they get notes for EVERYTHING. I thought something like that would have been sent home on a note. Oh well. He doesn't care. I really don't either, it's just funny that we got burned both days when we thought we were being cool.
I have to write down the cutest poem of the show. I want Brendan to remember it forever!
I made a little snowball, as perfect as could be.
I thought I'd keep it for a pet and let it sleep with me.
I sewed it some pajamas, and a pillow for it's head.
But late last night it ran away- but first it wet the bed!!
Guess who was his biggest fan? ME! Okay, but after me I meant:
She loves hugs from her brother!!
Kindergarten is wrapping up. I'm getting teary eyed knowing that my son is, despite all the warnings I have given him to never grow up, in fact growing up. I love that. I also love that he has learned so much during this school year. Mrs. McDougal couldn't have been any better at motivating, encouraging, and staying persistant with Brendan and I'm sure the rest of the kids.
Two more weeks and he'll be a FIRST GRADER! YIKES!
We just got Hazel's kindergarten letter saying what class she will be in and who her teacher is and it is scaring me a little. These kids are growing up too fast!
ReplyDeleteSo darling! I love school programs! Of course Brendan gets a speaking part when others don't... he's a Nigbur!
ReplyDeleteAre you not sending Brendan to Westland next year? It's a good thing I moved, the pain of not being able to car pool would have been too great...
Just so you know I asked my mom about sending home a note about what to wear and it was in 3 Sunnyside notes and also the note you had to sign and send back. I knew that didn't sound like her. Anyway, she didn't even care. She said he was so cute. So don't even worry. We all have mom moments like that :).
ReplyDelete