Sunday, June 13, 2010

Last day of Kindergarten

I admit it. I cried. Seeing Mrs. McDougal get teary eyed about the kids that she loves so much. After the kids got on their backpacks they sang one last song. They sing all the time, so this was not unusual. It was an I Love You kind of a song and something about the kids and the teacher singing to each other was poetic. The journey came to an end. And after they were done singing she had them get on the floor and count down "10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1- BLAST OFF TO FIRST GRADE!" and then they jumped as high as they could.

Mrs. McDougal is something else. A pure love of children and all things learning. And then they all one by one hugged her goodbye for the last time. Something else she did every day.

Did I mention I cried? My father in law said that I should have cried on the first day, not the last. So, under my breath I said "Yeah, I cried both times." I wish I had brought my camera AND video camera to witness it all. There were mom's there with their cameras and gifts for the teacher. Brendan picked out a beautiful Gerber Daisey plant to put in her garden at home. Jessi- I copied your idea for the teacher's gift. In fact, I'll do it again next year. "Thanks for helping me grow." It was perfect for the way she has helped Brendan love to learn. Well, like it more than he did- anyway.

I'm getting in as much snuggle time as he'll let me. Before it all goes away. Hopefully it won't. I just can't stand how fast time is flying. Flying by- yet standing still when Addison is teething. Funny how that works.

1 comment:

  1. Thats ok you copied me. I actually got the idea from a website back in December when I was trying to come up with teacher Christmas gifts. I saw that idea for the end of the year gifts and stored it away in the back of my mind.

    ReplyDelete