Monday, February 16, 2009

Week 27

My doctor's appointment last week went really well. I passed the gross glucose test. I am also measuring a week ahead of schedule. Which just means that she is getting huge- therefore I am getting huge. I am still a little skeptical about it being a girl. Don't ask me why, only with a boy it is so obvious. I even saw Brendan's parts before the tech did. With a girl it is so iffy. Plus, they only gave me one picture. Brendan has at least 20- one from every angle. I could reference those pictures anytime I wanted and reassure myself that A) I was still pregnant after 2 years of infertility and B) that it was definitely a boy. I am trying to get a hold of the hospital to see if they still have the ultrasound on file so they can give me a copy to pacify myself. I had my doctor pull out his ultrasound machine at my visit, which he so nicely did, but she- or it- was very shy and had tucked everything away. Doctor wondered why I was so worried about it, and that we would definitely know in 3 months. He said "Your Visa will still work after she is born." But he doesn't get it! There are blankets to be made, crib bedding sets to buy and a nursery to decorate! I have made a decision to just go with the fact that it is a girl and quit worrying about it. C'est la vie if it is a boy. I already have all of the boy stuff.
Still only a miraculously small amount of weight gain, but since she is growing doctor is not worried about it. Apparently I am all tummy. And boobs. But, at least now the belly is bigger.

Fine. Here is a dang picture with my head in it. Bentley is wondering what the heck I'm doing with the self timer down the other end of the hall

He sure loves his baby sister. (At least while she's still imaginary!)

9 comments:

  1. There IS a bun in the oven!! GREAT head shot:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are all my new best friends! A pregnant gal needs to hear those kind words. Thanks! Please be that kind when I'm another month further!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh Mandy you are so good looking pregnant! I love your hair all done too! Way to stay motivated and not just let your self go (I can't say I'm following in your footsteps). We need to come visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember having the same thoughts as to whether or not Maidie was REALLY a girl. I'm so excited for you. I still need to go through my girl stuff and get it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look GREAT!! I know what you mean about girls, I wouldn't leave the ultrasound until they told me they were 99.9 % sure, which they were, but I remember my youngest brother being born AFTER my mom was told it was a girl, and making us matching dresses, and that was a hard one to forget :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It better be a girl because I am sick of nephews :)

    ReplyDelete