Today I woke up to Brendan putting all of his clothes into the washing machine. "I'm going to wash all of my clothes by myself." 10 words every mother longs to hear when she looks into those newborn eyes. I figured I would be waiting a while- being a boy and all. I helped him with the soap. (I'll teach him that next.) but I let him pull the handle on the machine to start it. When it was done he got his stool, pulled out the clothes (having to actually dive down into the machine) and put them all in the dryer with a dryer sheet. He even helped me sort and fold the clothes when they were dry. "I am such a good helper." He said with a smile. "But, I'm not helping you with your clothes." Fair enough. Now, if I could get him to load the dishwasher, vacuum and mow the lawn- I'll be set!
East is on his way over with his wash- could Brendan show him a thing or two??? Love it:)
ReplyDeleteThats funny. The other day Hazel decided she was going to help me put laundry away. At first I didn't want her to but then I realized Why am I stopping her! That is less I have to do! Most of her clothes ended up unfolded and just stuffed in her drawer but oh well.
ReplyDeleteOh yeah- who cares about being folded! I never fold jammies or undies anyway!
ReplyDelete