Wednesday, February 11, 2009

At least I didn't have to make a fancy box

Today I had to have a filling replaced that broke off of one my lower left molars. I think my jaw is still numb, and that was at noon! Stupid Novocaine! But, at the same time- thank heavens for Novocaine! They should make it so it only lasts one hour instead of 12. While I was numb I took Brendan over to Debs house for a fun little Valentines party she put on for the kiddos. They had such a great time, as did I. I love getting together with my friends. Have I said that before? Thanks for having us over Deb! Here is a picture of four of us who are due within months of each other. Deb didn't turn sideways so you can't see her tummy. I would say we are the same size, I just had my body twisted sideways.


34 weeks, 24 weeks, 26 weeks, 20 weeks

(Brendan took this next picture for us, that is why it is a little out of focus. Hey- he tries.) I am just using this as ammunition that I need a Digital SLR for my birthday/mother's day/giving birth/11th anniversary. They are all within May. My calendar is completely packed! Oh yeah- AND I just added Tee-Ball to that schedule. We signed Brendan up last Saturday for the West Jordan Babe Ruth league. He is really excited and also equally excited to start soccer again with Annie and Ryan like last year. Me? Notsomcuh. Being 8-9 months pregnant and hauling him to games is totally NOT what I had in mind! UGH!

Stacy, Aarin, Debbie, Angie, Amy and Mandy


The kids had a great time screaming and running around. I'm glad that they all get along. Making cards, or just drawing. Decorating Sugar Cookies and playing duck, duck, goose. That picture in the bottom right corner is another piece of evidence that I need that new camera. It totally wouldn't have been fuzzy on the run like that.

Tonight we finished putting together Valentine's for his pre-school friends. Brendan wrote his name on each one- but noted and voiced "This is SOOO BORING!!"

*****Now for a question. Did you as a child (or even now) make Valentine's and give them to neighbors and friends on their doorsteps and run??? We were talking about it at work and Josh had never done that! I swear that was the greatest! Trying not to get caught- because you were a "Secret Valentine". The whole reason to bring up this subject was I told this story to a few guys at work : My dad had the nasty flu a few weeks ago and Brendan and I made him snicker doodles to make him feel better. But we just left them on the back porch- knocked and ran. "This is just like Valentines, huh Mom!" "Exactly like Valentines, hun!" Since this stomach ailment had been going through the whole family, I quarantined my parents house for a week, just to make sure none of us got what they got. So far, so good. Knock on wood. After the story, Josh said that it was advocating door bell ditching. Maybe so, but I loved it- and everyone expected it on that day. Of course we still did the whole make-the-coolest-Valentines-box-for-people-to-put-their-obligatory-candy-in for school, but this was different. This wasn't an obligation so it was fun. So, tell me if you did this- Are you cool like me and some of the guys at the office, or lame like the others who were legally-okay-to-door-ditch deprived. Discuss amongst yourselves.

5 comments:

  1. We TOTALLY did the "ring the bell and run" when delivering Valentine's to neighbors. My parents even did it to us...they would go out the back and put our Valentine's gifts on the front porch, ring the doorbell and hide. We loved opening the door to a gift for us-even as we got older :)

    As for the Valentine's boxes, my ultimate favortie was a ghetto blaster, aka, boom box. It had a tape deck (oh yeah, baby!), a fabric handle and candy buttons. You put the cards in the tape deck and closed it, and the cards fell into the box. It was awesome.

    It must be fun to re-live these things with your own children :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it has been fun living it over again with Brendan... Christmas, Easter, Valentines- the better difference is that because I know they're fake, it's fun to see the innocence in believing again. I don't want that to go away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute picts. I was prego with 2 of my best friends. So much fun! Anyway, no I never did the doorbell thing for V-day, just Halloween and Christms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the "ring and run" Valentine exchange in my neighborhood growing up. When did that die out and why? Hmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Valentine boxes are like pinewood derby cars....when th parents get too involved- they get out of control!!! Bittersweet. Anyway...I grew up w 3 big brothers & then I married a manchild- so I would have to say I am a fan of the old valentine with the fishing line trick! Good times:)

    ReplyDelete