Friday, February 13, 2009

Grandkid sleepover

Brendan has never liked to sleep over at any one's house. Sure, he'd stay at Grandma & Grandpa's house while Jason and I went on vacation, but when we were home he would like to stay here. Several times we would attempt to have a sleepover with his cousins but when it came down to bedtime he would want to come and sleep safely at home. I think it was because he was used to falling asleep in our bed and he didn't have that security over at anyone else's house. 10 o'clock came and I would get the "Come and get him" phone call. Last night we had a break through.

Kelly and her husband have been in D.C. for the week. Her kids have been staying various places but the last few nights have been at my Mom's. Heidi's kids have frequent sleep overs at my parents, so they were over there too. I asked Brendan if he wanted to stay over. Of course he said yes, but I was anticipating that phone call. It never came. He was so excited to sleep over with all of his cousins. It was funny because he even asked me "Can I stay there all night?". Reba read them a story before they all went to bed in the king size bed in the guest room downstairs. My parents had every grandkid in their house last night. They said it turned out just fine. The next morning Brendan was so excited that he got to stay "ALL NIGHT!" He had so much fun that he wanted to sleep over again tonight with KC and Katelin. And he is.

Reba, Katelin, KC, Brady and Brendan

6 comments:

  1. What a good looking group of kids! I can't believe how rapidly your family is growing now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh... that looks sweet and fun! Look @ the grin on Brady's face! I know that kid has it in him! You think Brendan pulling an all nighter is exciting now.... I will remind you of this little breakthrough when he is a teenager!!lol JK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no Mama- Grandma had them in bed BEFORE 9 o'clock!! I don't think he has ever been in bed that early before!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katelin had a great time. However, she did say this, "Grandma made us watch TV all day. It got SO boring!" and she was serious.

    Thanks for helping mom out. Everyone was so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! That's funny about KT. I'm sure she "made them" pictures look fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, Grandma made Katelin watch her requested Aladdin series 100 times! HA!

    ReplyDelete