A few nights we decided to copy one of my best friends craft ideas. She has no idea yet. I'll call her in the morning. Well, MY morning, that is.
I went and bought some foam craft cones at the craft store and I decided to paint them pink. My friend didn't do this- so I can say that I didn't completely plagiarize her idea. The next thing was to glue conversation hearts on it. Addison is my biggest helper. "I do it." is her mantra. Sometimes it kills me, other times I just let her do her thing. This was one of those times. I gave her a brush and let her at it. She didn't finish because once I started cutting the candy open that was much more interesting. Jason helped her with her cone. Brendan did the other small one and I was in charge of the two bigger ones.
"I DO IT!"
The end result turned out to be pretty cute. I really liked Debbie's, so that is why I copied. Nothing too ritzy, but it was definitely time consuming to glue all of those on. Brendan had enough of his after two rows. Addison's is the small on on the right. She loved those orange colored ones. They are everywhere. I displayed hers on top of the bookshelf in the family room where she can see it displayed proudly. She was so excited about it.
The rest I put on display on the kitchen counter.
There were a few that said "Text Me" and "Tweet Me". Jason and I just laughed at all the new ways the 'Communication Hearts' have evolved. And, luckily we had enough after Addison got her hands on a lot of them. This was definitely a fun family craft night. Well, until the kids went to bed... which is where I am heading right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment