Friday, February 24, 2012

Just chillin

I swear I was just posting yesterday, only to find out that it has been almost a month!  Where has the time gone?

Chillin wouldn't be the word that I would use to describe this month.  This month has been busier than I have ever been for a long time.  Although, nothing too overly exciting to write up a story about.  So here are some of the things we have been doing this month.

We went to our nieces baptism and had a lovely weekend with my Sister and Brother In-Law that we rarely see.  She and I did a Valentine's Day craft.  It was so fun.  It was her first craft and I felt honored to be there to see it through to completion.  (Because I knew she wouldn't get it done if I didn't make her do it. :) )

The second week I  helped Kelly refinish her kitchen cabinets.  I lied- there is a good story in this one, so perhaps I will save it for another day.  Just know that it ended with 15 hour days and many laughs.  It was good to hang out with my baby sister.  And a big nod to my Mom, who took our babies so that it was possible.

My Mom's brother Ken had a major stroke that same week.  It has been a real trying time for their family and my mom who was close to her brother.  I mended fences with my cousin who I could honestly say that I hated with every fiber of my being.  The weight that has been lifted off my shoulders has been so great and she and I have shared many stories and apologies over these last few weeks.  I'll admit I was very anxiety ridden to even see her, since I haven't in 11 years, but it was a good reunion and who knows, maybe I'll have a cousin again. We were close at one point in our lives.  Her brother, who is the same age as me have always been closer, and so it was good to spend time with him also.

Another time waster has been Pinterest.  Please tell me you have either heard of, or are using this jem of a website.  I have so many crafty, gardeney, hairstyly, home decoratey, foody, and just plain too many ideas that I'll never be able to do them all.  But- I have them. Just in case.  In fact, I have used several hairstyles and have made several crafts from it too. (note one said craft with my Sister-In-Law...)

The kids are doing great!  Brendan is back on track which is a big relief because he was so bored and getting annoying getting on my nerves antsy to get back to school.  I do have to say though that he is the best helper in the world with Addison.  She loves to play with her brother and I love it so that I can sleep in a little longer.  Those two are best buds.  Unless, of course, one or the other is playing with the other's toy that they wanted to play with- but wasn't- but now because the-other-was-playing-with-it-it-must-be-a-good-idea.  I need a xanex just after typing that whole last sentance!


While doing homework the other day Bentley wanted to sit in Brendan's lap.  He scratched his legs to let him in.  He is getting less picky about where he crashes lately. Brendan was thrilled that Bentley wanted to sit by him.  He NEVER sits by him.  I guess you get the cuddling where and when you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment