Well, I fully planned on going to bed an hour ago until Addison decided to wake up and throw a fit. For. An. Hour!!! I don't know what her deal is lately. She isn't sleeping well, and when she does it's only for a few hours at a time.
We lost her binkey a month ago and it wasn't easy at first, but she has adapted. In fact, she found a back up binkey a while after and I told a little white lie to her "Oh, that is baby Keaton's binkey." (Kelly's baby) That seemed to satisfy her. Last weekend she found her actual binkey under her crib while playing hide and seek with Brendan and a baby sitter. I told her that, that too, was baby Keaton's. She looked at me and said "No mom, Keatons binkey blue!" I have to hand it to her- she is completely right. So, I just hurried it aside and nothing was mentioned of it again.
Then, on top of that she gets a mild cold. Stuffy head syndrome and no one will sell cold medicine to anyone under 4. Well, that's a lie. Sell, yes- recommend, no. Is it bad when she requests more of the medicine because it tastes so good? Yeah, I get the mother of the year award for giving her banned cold medicine. But, it worked and she is still alive.
We usually have left Addison in her crib to cry it out and eventually she will go to sleep after crying and screaming "MOM!" for a few hours. So tonight I finally put her back in her bed screaming and went to lay down when I hear her right outside my door. She scared the crap out of me because she is still in a crib and has never tried to get out. So I put her back in and told her to show me how she got out. She pulled a MacGyver out of her crib! Up and over and landed on her feet... and then quickly landed on her face. I tried so hard not to laugh. I am now online looking for a toddler bed with restraints. Let me know if you know of any. Thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment