Tuesday, April 6, 2010

EASTER!

Easter this year was really fun. Fun, that is, if you like a foot of snow on the ground. Is this weather crazy or is it just me? Don't answer that.

I had a fun time shopping for Addison's Easter dress this year. Growing up I always got a new Easter dress. I even remember a year or two getting a white hat and gloves to go with it! Now when I am looking for something new for all of us Jason thinks I'm crazy. Again- not a word. There is just something about Spring and the newness of everything that gets me in the new clothes mood. Okay, let's be honest... ANY time of year gets me in the new clothes kind of mood. Girls dresses are a lot more fun to shop for than boys khaki's and a new shirt. I actually had a really hard time deciding which dress to buy! In the end, I think it was the best choice. She looked just like a princess. And because of Conference we got to wear it two weeks in a row.

This year Easter was a little bit hectic. Instead of coloring eggs by ourselves we were invited to my mom's house with some of the cousins. There were eggs-o-plenty and dye everywhere.


I left Addison out of the mess. She watched while she ate some puffs.
Every year Jason and Brendan try to figure a way to catch the Easter Bunny. This year, however, Jason's plan became a bit more diabolical. Brendan's face was of sheer panic as Jason lined up the butcher knifes. Brendan begged me not to take this picture. But I need people to see what kind of a prankster Jason is! He soon after put them all away. I just shake my head. It's no wonder I'm crazy! Who can go without taking a picture of the Easter Baskets? I know there is candy in Addy's basket that she can't eat... but Brendan would notice that the Easter Bunny hadn't given her any. He's protective that way.

Half asleep, he checks out the goodies. We didn't do very much this year. I'm hoping to wean them off of big gifts for Easter.
Playing with the eggs was more fun than anything!

For lunch we ate at my Parents with everyone there. Mom made shredded pork chimichangas. Nothing says Easter like Mexican food, now does it? They were delicious and I'm glad we went away from the norm. We have a couple of birthdays real close so we had Easter, Birthday, Easter then more birthday.

My Pretty Pretty Princess! Out of the 100 pictures we took, this is the only one I have of them looking in our direction. Addison and Alyssa in their Easter dresses. Lately Brendan has been laying on the cheesy smile. Gotta love it! Finding a lot more eggs after dinner at Jason's Parents. Dinner was excellent and Addison even LOVED the ham! She is such a big eater!

Loving Jason playing Spider-girl.

1 comment:

  1. Paul and Jas are so much alike it's scary! I do love Addison's dress! What a little doll! Glad you guys had a great Easter! And I have been dying to go on a shopping spree. Maybe I should come down there and we should hit Gateway. Or better yet-Vegas!

    ReplyDelete