Thursday, April 8, 2010

On a blogging spree

I have decided to TRY and start taking more pictures. More than 100 at a time, you ask? Well, at least one or two every day. It will mean I will be capturing more moments instead of 100 of the same moment. Carrying my camera around like a mad woman and embracing the crazy. If you can't laugh then you'll cry, right? It might also mean that I will have to get out of my jammies more. Well, at least the kids. I'm not in the pictures, so what does it matter? Anyway, my idea is to post at least one every day or so. We'll see if I can stick to that idea.

Addison has developed a taste for dog food. She also likes to splash in the water dish. I try not to think about it too much, or I might just throw up. Instead, I look at it as healthy bacteria to boost her immune system. Today as I hear Brendan yelling "Addison, NO!" I instantly knew what was happening and grabbed my camera. She could hear me coming, so here she is fleeing from the scene of the crime. Although, the wet little hand prints leading from it gave it away.

Brendan is off track this month, which gives for an extra long Spring Break. I have been brainstorming ideas of things to do but to each one he says "No, I just want to do something else." His best friend/cousin is on a different track so that is making it extra difficult. I have been making a long list of things we can do, so we'll see if I keep getting shot down.

On Easter, Grandma and Grandpa Nigbur gave the Grandkids a kite. Brendan chose a ladybug one over a frog or a turtle. Today as we were getting it out to try and fly it in the non-existent wind, he told me it was because he knew my favorite color was red. **ahhh, how sweet** Here he is running with the kite down the street without the string attached. That's the only way it works without wind. We tried several other times today to no avail. I had a good idea that we could ride in my dad's convertible down the street with it flying in the air. Dad- I'm still holding to that one. I mean- look how sad it is for your Grandson to run down the street trying to fly this kite?? He actually had a lot of fun.
Later in the afternoon Brendan and I played catch. Baseball season is here and his games start up next week. With all the insane weather we've been having most of his practices have been canceled. Too bad we didn't have the kite the day the wind was going 90 mph! After sitting in her stroller watching, Addison wanted out. Brendan kept handing her the ball while she threw it down. It was a fun game for a while.
Then, she just wanted to eat the twigs, leaves and grass.

1 comment:

  1. I love your pictures and hope to be just as "motivated" one day......until then- there's LOTS of laundry to do and diapers to change, but please keep it up so I can look at your life:)

    ReplyDelete