Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Singing internet praises

Jason hooked up my computer last night! I can finally breathe! It's so sad how dependant we've become as a society on technology that we don't know how to function without it. And if you are reading this, then you know exactly what I mean.

My name is Amanda, and I am addicted to the Internet/instant news/online shopping/blogging.

Admission is the first step to recovery.

I am unpacked for the most part. I have yet to delve through the boxes I closed off into my sewing room. Boxes that contained things that I boxed up 11 years ago to move in with my Grandma Davis(with Jason, of course). I have found some great treasures! I found the first journal I started at age 8. The first note from a BOY that asked me to 'Go with him'. The hate letters from girls that came after that boy asked me to go with him. Hilarity all around. The best part about finding that journal was that I thought I had lost it! I had been looking for it, albeit not hard enough, for the last 11 years. I am so happy to have found it. I have also unearthed many dolls and childhood things that I kept hoping that one day I would have a daughter to give them to. Who thinks of these things when they are young enough to be playing with Strawberry Shortcake dolls? Yes, I played with them, but then there came a time when I put them away and thought 'My daughter is going to love this'. Luckily everything old is new again. And, most importantly I am very lucky to have had a girl!!


Yes, I am loving my new house. Yes, I am loving this neighborhood. Actually, loving in the reverse order best. I'll have to take a picture on a day that it is not snowing because there are 100 kids on the street out to just play! Brendan will go out and be with 20 7 year old boys having a great old time. It was about the second day we stayed here and Brendan was getting bored so I drove over to my sisters house so he could play with Brady. When we got home Jason said that three kids had shown up asking if our son could play. The next day it happened again right after the kids got home from school. As Brendan headed out the door with such exuberance I started to get teary eyed. This is exactly why we moved. We have been greeted and welcomed kindly by a lot of new neighbors. A gal down the street stopped by and said she had met Brendan. He had asked her if she knew of any friends he could have. He had set out to ride his bike around the block in search of new friends. She told him there were about 20 kids his age and he looked at her and said "Yeah, I could have 20 friends." I am so glad he is a social butterfly. Just like his mom and dad.


In our new kitchen we now have room for a few more bar stools so that we can all eat up at the counter. It's long and wide enough that we don't really need to use the table. We can save that for special occasions. So as I was getting ready to put together the chairs I found a helper. A crazy haired "Let me do it!" kind of gal. She was super cute, so of course I had to let her help.
Then later that night, we had a neighbor bring over delcious brownies for us. Addison sure seemed to enjoy them a lot!

She sure has been a huge helper through out this moving process. Big helper, as in, PLEASE SOMEONE TAKE HER FOR A FEW HOURS SO I CAN GET SOMETHING DONE WITH OUT HER UNDOING EVERYTHING I HAVE JUST DONE


Well, there is a lot to catch up on, so I will continue to report back daily now that I have a COMPUTER!!!! Not that I couldn't have set it up, but I know the minute I did Jason's head would have started spinning around like on The Excorsist because I had touched his domain. So, I patiently waited.

No comments:

Post a Comment