Monday, May 4, 2009

On being stressed out with one week to go

I am so glad that my pregnancy has gone as well as it has these last few months. Who knew a 8-9 month pregnant lady could get in and get her hands dirty with tiling, grouting, painting, sanding, deep dusting, and then on top of all of that TRY to keep your house clean. It's hard to get much of that done when your goal is to tackle all of the remodeling stuff. Clean underwear? Oh, right- I forgot to do laundry. Again. But hey- I grouted the whole entire shower all by myself! Doesn't that count?? I even took out some sideline time to make cookies with Brendan today. He has wanted to make cookies for several weeks now. I have selfishly put him off to get this house ready for baby, but today I broke down. Pumpkin Chocolate chip cookies to the rescue. He loves that kind of cookie. Can't say I blame him. They are the absolute best. And they were the perfect breakfast AND lunch.

I have exactly one week before D-Day. Tuesday the 12th is when they have me on their schedule. I need to have someone pull a few strings to see if could be done any earlier in the day than at 5-6 pm! (anyone?? anyone know anyone??) At the Dr's today I have officially only gained 12 lbs this whole pregnancy. I lost one this last week- and Ang, I'm not going to say what it is that I have actually eaten. We all got together for Stacy's and my birthday dinner. We stayed until they literally told us that the doors were locked. I love getting together with my girlfriends. We love talking about everything that is happening in our lives. And we laugh and say things that we only say around each other. But most of all we love to be together, and that is rare to have such best friends that you have known basically your whole life.

3 comments:

  1. 12 pounds?! That is record breaking! Nice going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My C section with the twins was at 5 o clock too. Total torture waiting all day. Good luck getting the remodeling done before Tuesday. Make sure you post pictures of the the new baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. did ypu notice one of those cookies missing?


    hmmmm, pop

    ReplyDelete