I woke up and had a big breakfast to hopefully tide me over for the day. I decided to then take a nap and dilly dally the rest of the afternoon before we picked up Brendan from pre-school. We then went to the store to buy Brendan a "Big Brother" present. I stocked up on a few other items and had Brendan pick out a toy for his baby sister. He picked out a really cute stuffed Winnie the Pooh bear. We then got home and I finally packed for my hospital stay and then we dropped Brendan off with Grandpa Neil and went to the hospital. On our way I lean over to Jason and as I comb my fingers through his hair say "I hope she has lots of curly black hair." Then I laughed because Brendan was mostly bald and reddish blond.
This is the Delivery room I was in before I walked into the OR. Yes, I walked. They got me all ready and then when I got into the OR the anesthesiologist gave me my spinal block. I was having so much anxiety. It took the other Dr. 4 tries to get that blasted thing in my back when I was having Brendan. He did it first try. Great!
Here are Dr. Nielson and his resident What's-his-name. I'm getting too numb to care at this point. My nurse was so awesome to take pictures during the whole surgery. I have a picture of my uterus sitting on top of my stomach. Totally awesome. Jason wouldn't take pictures. He wanted to be able to sit back and enjoy the experience without having to worry about the camera. Jerk.
Here is the debut of Addison. When they pulled her out Jason said "Here he is." Because I have been on the fence of whether or not she was really a girl. "It's a boy?" I asked. "No, just kidding, it's a girl." He is still giving me the play by play (as he was the whole time... they are cutting you open- they are cutting the uterus- they are ...) and said "She has a ton of black curly hair!" I said "Shut up. I'm not going for that again." "No, really! I'm not kidding this time."
Jason bringing Addison back into the recovery room to be with us. This is great since with Brendan I didn't get to see him until we went up in my room, which was about an hour and a half! He is in his Ghostbuster's suit from being in the OR. He made me cut off the scrub hat and mask.
Weepity weep weep weep! I sort of questioned that day sometimes, as well. To look at you it is so evident that you are truly so happy! Your little family is so beautiful and I can't wait to share in the fun stories yet to come:) Especially when they are teenagers!
ReplyDeleteDitto to the beautiful family! I can't say congratulations enough!
ReplyDeleteYou have such a cute family. Reading that brought back memories of the twins c section. I played guitar hero all day to get my mind off it. I still can't believe she got black hair.
ReplyDeleteShe is adorable! Your whole family is :) Congratulations on the new arrival!
ReplyDeleteAddison is beautiful Mandy!! Congratulations again! I'm so happy for you guys!
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone! It has been really fun so far.
ReplyDelete