Thursday, February 3, 2011

Starting to pack

My sister would be so proud. I have packed a few boxes already. Heidi would have been completely packed up by now- heck, she would have been done two months ago! She loves to get it done early. In fact, when we were younger... wait a minute... she still does- pack months in advance to go on vacation. We're going on one in May, Hide- are you packed? Seriously.

I did get a few boxes done today. I went through my closet that I keep all my scrapbook/vases/product manuals/crap in. I'm not going to have one of those closets in my new house. Only because there isn't an extra one for said crap. I'm really going to have to get all that stuff organized finally. Rats!

The main reason I haven't started yet is because I don't want to live out of boxes for the next little while. Going through the remodel there were boxes EVERYWHERE and I hated it! I feel cluttered, disorganized and out of control of everything. Although with the house being done so dang fast I wonder if I'll have enough time. I really thought it would take longer than it has. Everyone told me not to get excited because it takes a lot longer than they say. The good news is that I have an excuse to be completely and utterly disorganized. "Please come in... don't mind all these boxes and crap all over the house. It's the new decor I'm going with. Do you like it?"

Truth is though, they are going a little TOO fast. I was counting on them being slow so that I wouldn't have to drive Brendan to school far away every day. Brendan wants to go to the new school, but he'll be almost done and it would be stupid for him to switch with such a short time left. His best buddy Jaxon just is a clinger. Brendan said "Mom, he just likes me too much!" And he can't avoid him because he follows Brendan wherever he goes. He actually called while they were off track for a year and Brendan, being as bored as he was, told him that they would just play when they were back at school. He would reserve time to play with only him at recess. Then I had to hear for the rest of the day how dang bored he was. That kid cracks me up. I'm just glad that he is nice to him. He would never be mean to anyone. He's not the bullying type. And for that I am so grateful!

Well, off to put more piles in other various places.

No comments:

Post a Comment