Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Lost on time

This last weekend was birthday party weekend for my mom. Why would you only have 1 party when you could possibly have 3 or 4, am I right?? We love birthday weekends around here. Queen for the week, if it is possible. The Nigbur's took Brendan up to Paul's house out of state to see cousin Kylie, who's birthday was also this last weekend. I'm glad that he went up there. He says he had a lot of fun. Except for the time when Uncle Paul beat the crap out of him. Just kidding! Just seeing if anyone is even reading this blog anymore.

So this last weekend has been a blur of house stuff/family stuff/and Brendan's first week back to school since Christmas break. Oh how I loved him going back to school. I may just have done a little dance after I closed the door. A dance right back to bed, that is. For about 10 minutes. Because that is when Addison has been waking up lately. All four of her eye teeth have been coming in all at the same time these last few weeks. Yes, it has taken WEEKS for these blasted teeth to come through. But when all the teeth broke through the surface I thought we were good. But she was still feeling really lousy and whiny and not eating anything. I thought she might have cankers or other throat problems is why she wasn't eating. So I had Jason hold her down while I shone a flashlight into her mouth where I found a full 2 year molar back there with another one peaking up through the gums. Poor thing! No wonder she is so dang ornery. So, teething. I think that is my most hated milestone of kids. I know a lot of other kids teeth and are just fine. Not my kids. Runny noses, diarrhea, fevers, crying, crying and more crying. Wanting to be held. ALL. THE. TIME.

I've just been lost on everything I have to do for this house that is going to be done next week, I'm sure. They have completely sheet rocked, mudded and textured all of the walls. They said that they would be done by Wednesday or Thursday. I guess they didn't want to get our hopes up, but finishing early was totally awesome.




This building experience has been a really great one for us. We weren't expecting it to go so fast and so we are in a little shock that it is REALLY happening. I'm nervous, but excited. Buyers remorse in the worst way. That should be the case on any big purchase though. My realtor told me that if I didn't have it he would worry because 1: I've got too much money (which we don't) or two, we have no clue on what is going on. I wish case #1 was the truth. Luckily we have a wonderful support group going on. What's next? I don't know. I think they have to wait for the mud to dry and then they will come in with the paint.
I know that these people are probably sick of us being there every day but we love to see the progress and watch was is going on. There are a few things that we have been able to point out that needed to be addressed (other than the lights that are now fixed... duh!) Our realtor has been really great to get our concerns to the Super and so that make us happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment