They have put the banisters on. And as I have been thinking about it I have come up with a wonderful idea that we could use this grand staircase for. SLEEPING BAG RACES! We did them all the time at my mom's house. In fact my sister Kelly went down the stairs in her 5'11" glory with our nephew Nick on her lap. They rode down my parents stairs. The wall across the 2 1/2' hall just caved in as her legs went right through like the wall was butter. Hilarious. What's more hilarious is that my mom went and bought a vent cover to hide the huge hole in the wall. That's how it was fixed. Just a random vent to no-where cover.
So just to clarify... you must bring your own sleeping bag if you want to race. Secondly- Kelly, there is a long enough landing that you will not need to worry about putting a whole in my wall. But, in the event that some random thing happens and you DO put a hole in my wall- I will need it fixed, and not vent fixed. :)
They are smokin fast in there. The cabinets are all in. The bathroom vanities, laundry room, everything! We've got a lot of stuff to do before that day rolls around. It's always a question of "What are they doing today?" Well, we shall find out in the morning.
Mandy, I have something even better than sleeping bags! We use the lids to the huge plastic bins that our under our beds! It's just like a sled and boy is it fast!!
ReplyDeletePerfect!
ReplyDeletei love it! That paint color looks soo much like what we have in our house..I love it!
ReplyDeleteoh and even BETTER than those...we use the crib mattress! it's soo slippery though.
We will have to have a sledding contest and test out each method and time each one. The fastest one will win a prize or something!
ReplyDelete