PART TWO:
Tuesday was Brendan's first full day of school. We woke up bright andbushy tailed early. Early, meaning before 9:30 am. I knew this would be a challenge as I was blessed with sleeper-inners. I learned early in his life that if I wanted him up I had to do it gently. I tell him he can stay asleep while I get him dressed. He is usually fully awake after I get his jammies off and then there is no crying! There was no crying today. Not even a fuss was made because he was so excited to go to (Cue Oprah) THE FIRST GRADE!
Tuesday was Brendan's first full day of school. We woke up bright and
I go and pick him up with Addison, both of us eagerly waiting for brother to get home. We meet him outside his doors and yell for him. He walks over to me and gives me a big hug. I say (Cue Oprah again) "BRENDAN! HOW WAS YOUR FIRST DAY OF FIRST GRADE??"
Brendan, in his most pitiful voice whispers, "I don't want to talk about it."
And he still hasn't.
Oh no! I hope he had a good day and is just being a boy not wanting to talk about it!
ReplyDeleteIt took Katelin about two weeks to want to talk about it. It's harder then Kinder and they are so tired and hungry when they get home! Don't worry, it gets better around Halloween ;)
ReplyDeleteI remember 55 years ago, my mother
ReplyDeletedraging me, kicking and screaming,
accross the street to 'first day'.
After I got there, it was OK.
I didn't have Kinder.