Sunday, July 11, 2010

Desperate housewife moment

My washer and dryer have been good to me. Jason and I bought them when we were first married 12 years ago with the money we got from our wedding. He worked at a furniture store at the time and so we got a good deal on a top-of-the-line set.

Now, it still washes really well, but the dryer is taking forever to dry. A load of 6-7 pair of jeans takes literally two hours. It still gets the job done- but 3 days of doing laundry is getting SO OLD! So, saying goodbye to my beloved laundry set that we bought with our hard earned wedding money has been hard.
But that was then.
This is me now, saying Adios Amigos! Say hello to our newest family members.

I have been watching them all day. Tumbling around and around looking at all the options that I can choose. Sanitize the undies? Sure! SteamFreshen our Sunday clothes so I don't have to iron? Absolutely!! Full load of jeans being dryed in 45 minutes? AWESOME! Did I mention that I actually sat down there and watched? With Addison as my witness because she thought it was pretty awesome too. Watching something go round and round. I am running out of things to wash! Anyone is invited to take it for a spin!

How sad is it when we are so excited to get a new laundry system that that is all we want to talk about? "Hey- nice car- but have you seen my washer and dryer??"

The time savings on this alone was worth it. The fact that it will pretty much do everything except fold and put away is a bonus. Although- when they invent the machine that WILL fold and put away for you, you will see me first in line. Even if I have to cut in that line.

4 comments:

  1. My favorite is how you asked me if I wanted to buy your old set. I see now what kind of deal that would have been...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You weirdo! I asked if you wanted them- not buy them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks to everyone who helped.
    Dave and Jason-muscle
    Tim- electrical
    Debi-tape removal
    Neil-scouting
    Mandy-directing

    ReplyDelete