I say that because in the last few weeks BOTH of my children have decided to not sleep through the night. I kid you not- I am gonna snap. I'm at an 11- maybe a 12.
Let's start with Brendan. Love this kid. He has been putting up fits to not go to bed. He wants to stay up later. As if 9:30-10:00 isn't late enough for a 6 year old. He says that his mind won't let him sleep. "I just hate myself because my body doesn't want to sleep and my brain doesn't want to sleep. They don't listen to me!" People- I have a 6 year old insomniac. What's worse is that I am no better. I know EXACTLY how he feels. My brain won't shut off either. That's why I am on sleep meds every night. If I forget to take one my brain just starts up like a steam engine train traveling at 400 miles an hour. (this train of mine happens to be a hybrid and so it can go that fast.) Brendan also says "My body just wants to lay down with somebody." "I want to lay down in your bed." He's my cuddler, alright. Oh! And don't forget about all the scary sounds that this house makes! Can you even believe that we have a scary house? We gave him earplugs for that one.
I actually had a brain storming session yesterday. *Maybe thats contributed to my anxiety.* I need to make Brendan's bed so comfy that he won't want to come into our room to fall asleep. A nice pillow top mattress top. Nice quality bedding and pillows. A nice comfortable bed is ALWAYS inviting. And, I must say that because he is only 6 we never really cared that his bed was as hard as a rock. I even gave Brendan the idea about buying him a body pillow. "You mean that it would be like laying next to you or dad?" Yep buddy! You would have your very own sleeping buddy! "I'm going to pretend that it's Dad." Well, what about me? Aren't I your best buddy? "Nope. Dad is." ***pulling knife out of my back... be back in a while***
So we pimped the heck out of his bed. I have to say, maybe I'll sleep there and have him lay in my bed. I have made a sticker reward chart if he goes a week without throwing a fit. He responds well to bribery, that kid. We'll see how it goes. He wants a new game for his Leapster that he got for Chirstmas. He actually wants 10 games. Sure kid... keep dreaming.
Jason took Brendan to the library yesterday to get some different books to read before bed. Brendan wanted to get this one so he could read it to his sister. He even practiced reading it over and over so he would get it right. What a cutie. (When it's not time for bed yet.)


Now let's talk about Addison. If pictures say 1000 words, then you will surely know why Addison hasn't been sleeping. Here are two pictures side by side- one with the flash and one without. I couldn't tell which was better. .
I only need three words for these pictures: FOUR IMPENDING TEETH

I got some egyptian cotton sheets and now we never want to get out of bed. i love them!
ReplyDeleteThat is tough that Brendon doesn't want to sleep. I know how he feels too. I always had a hard time falling asleep even when I was little.
Poor Addison. Those big top teeth are mean ones.
Good Luck!