Mama’s Holiday Wish List Meme
TodaysMama and Provo Craft are giving away a sleighful of gifts this holiday season and to enter I’m sharing this meme with you.
1. What 5 items are on your holiday wish list this year?
A new Digital SLR camera.
A house that is FINISHED with construction!
A new car. I mean- at least have a second car.
To have a stress free holiday season. (Yeah, right.)
To be able to get a weekly massage... and pedicure. (Double yeah, right)
2. What is your favorite handmade gift you have received?
When I was younger my mom made me and my sisters homemade Cabbage Patch Dolls and Pound Puppies. They mean so much to me now. I know they are somewhere in a box- somewhere.
I also love all of the pictures that my son draws for me.
3. What handmade gift have you always wanted to tackle?
I need to start my applique quilting back up. I would like to make some small ones for my friends and family.
4. What was the best Christmas gift you received as a child?
We always had wonderful Christmases, but one year we each got our very own TV for our bedroom. That was like winning the lottery. That and my older sister and I got our own phone line. When you have all sisters, fighting for the phone was a hourly thing. I still use that TV, by the way. It's been almost 20+ years. We use it in my bedroom.
5. What items are on your kid’s wish list this year?
Brendan wants the Lego set "Battle of Endor" and a Clone Trooper blaster gun. Addison just wants new diapers. She told me.
6. What is your favorite holiday food?
My Grandma Pettingill's candied Yams. And coconut almond popcorn.
7. What will you be hand-crafting for the holidays?
I will be making my own Christmas cards this year.
8. What is your favorite holiday movie?
'Elf' with Will Farrell. That movie makes me laugh til it hurts.
9. Favorite holiday song?
All I want for Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey. I blast that through the house while putting up the decorations. That and the Osmonds Christmas album from the 70's. It brings back so many memories of Christmases past and dancing through the house. Love it!
10. Favorite holiday pastime?
Every year my family get together the weekend of Thanksgiving to make gingerbread houses. We used to make it a contest for the best gingerbread house, but we stopped because Jason and I would always win. hehehe. We also have Santa come that night. It is always hectic, but completely wonderful. We also always love to go downtown and see the Christmas lights.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I was born in '83, the same year as Cabbage Patch Dolls. Needless to say, my mother was far more wiling to sew me one line stead of standing in line for one. I still have her; her name is Tina. I dug her out a few weeks back for my daughter. My husband was horrified.
ReplyDeleteHer eyes--at one point--opened and closed. But they long ago stopped doing that and started just spinning in her head. So Mom glued them open. Only one kinda glued sideways.
Oh, and her head is glued on.
So perhaps my husband wasn't so far off when he said she looked posessed, LOL.
I'm glad I could share in watching your fav holiday movie over Thanksgiving. I too love that movie but it doesn't beat Home Alone! I think I might have to do this post!
ReplyDelete