Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I'm not granola enough

I took Addison to the chiropractor again today. This is the second time she's been. We are seeing if it will help her reflux/gastrointestinal distress at all. One thing I CAN say about it is that she had a very messy diaper after we got home... and that hasn't happened for a while. No, the last time she pooped was actually on Sunday. After her shower with dad. While I was holding her in her towel while surfing the Internet. I thought I would give her time to be naked. She loves to be naked! And because she has been really fussy this last week we have been trying to help her out. First- we let her be naked for a while, then if she is still fussy we hop in the shower with her. She also loves the shower. I mean, what is not to love now that it is the Super Duper Deluxe with a rain head above. I hope this whole nakedness thing is an infant thing, and not a 14 year old thing.
Here she is naked on the couch with a diaper on this time.
Trying to talk to us during the 20% of the day that she doesn't scream her lungs out.
Look at those dimples!
This little beauty queen has the stinkiest gas! I told the Chiro that she must be dying from the inside out. I am not even kidding about the stink. I really can't tell if it is Jason after he has had a triple bean burrito, or if it's my sweet sweet angel looking me sweetly in the eyes and then rrrrriiiipppppp. No wonder she was smiling! Jason will tell you that it comes from the Pettingill side of the family. But- we all know the truth. She is a Nigbur through and through.

The doctor suggested a little peppermint tincture for the gas so I needed to go the the health food store to get it. There was a Whole Foods down the street so I stopped there on my way home. Let me tell you the main reason I don't go in to stores like that very often... I shower. Plain and simple. Why is it that people who shop there are the ones who don't shave or use deodorant? And why does the store have that funky smell to it? I think it's great that there is a store you can go to get organic foods. Even the health supplements have taken me there on a few other occasions. But, not even if I had enough money to spend at that ridiculously-over-priced-food-that-is-most-likely-not-even-organic store I don't think I would. Maybe that's the reason the one closed out by my house. More people felt the way I do. I love my local grocer and all of its hormone injected meat and processed food glory.

1 comment: