Friday, July 10, 2009

Addison's Blessing Day

We sure had a full weekend of partying. The Nigbur's had their 4th of July party on the 3rd so that all the kids could have a sleep over and breakfast. No, I did not sleep over. Not a fan with a newborn.
Jason and Brendan setting up their tent to sleep in.
Saturday we had a BBQ and swim at the Pettingill's. Both dinners were fabulous. Fireworks, however, haven't been the same since Neil went straight. We used to have the greatest fireworks display of the neighborhood. Everyone would come down to the "Pettingill Circle" to watch. Dad says that he didn't want to start any houses on fire. I think that's a bunch of crap. Yeah, I said it.

All weekend I had been having anxiety attacks from having to plan a big shindig after the blessing. Why is it that we feel we have to feed a million people after church? Who started this tradition, I want to know. I like the gatherings, really- I just don't like to be the planner. Well- usually I do, just not this time. I am still in a fragile emotional state, and just didn't want to have to deal with it. PLUS the fact that I was promised that the bathrooms would be done in time to have the morning soiree in my newly remodeled home that most people haven't seen clean. Yet. *sigh* Instead we had it over at my moms- which is nice, but not MY house.

The day turned out perfect. A big thanks to all of those who helped, especially my mom. I had to get up extra early to start baking and get everything finished that I didn't do the night before- with the last thing being putting her in her dress.

The dress... the most beautiful thing you have ever seen. My mom is amazing at sewing. That's her thing. You show her a picture (as in my case) and she can copy it. How? Why? Who cares! All I know is that I didn't develop that talent, which is fine with me. Starting my quilting has me way more interested in sewing than I ever was growing up. I mean, who needs to learn how to sew when you have a mom that can do it- right? And some little side notes: there is a hand sewn pearl in each pucker and yes, she did sew the crosshatch pattern for the bodice- the material didn't come that way. I told you- amazing! I, however, tied the bow ALL BY MYSELF. even though she sewed it on. :) But I digress...
Like I said- perfect. We had plenty of food, SUNNY weather and great company. Addison was even the perfect angel all day. And because I am her mother, I can say that she was the most beautiful little girl there.






More accolades go out to my older sister Nicole whom made these slippers. They are so beautiful! She is amazing with her talents. She should open her own ETSY shop.

This is my FAVORITE picture of the day.And then my next favorite.


Hey Brendan, what do you think of all of this? "Oh, I'm sorry- are you talking to me Mama?"

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful blessing dress! Your mom is so talented. Our fire works were the good old legal ones too this year. I think Don Korth was a little disappointed when he showed up. Last year Isaac and Tim went a little crazy in Wyoming. When Don came over last year we thought he was coming over to get mad at us. Nope he just wanted to watch them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy gorgeous dress!!! And she is a little doll. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that dress is amazing. Absolutely amazing. Your mom is a rock star!

    ReplyDelete