Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I present... the master bathroom shower

The shower has actually been done for a few months. I have been waiting for a certain person *ahem* to finish his counter top project before I can say the bathroom is completely done. Yes, I do have to touch up some paint here and there, and hang the towel bars and things, but without a counter top and sink- what is the point? AM I RIGHT??

This counter top project has been the bane of my very existence. He wanted to do concrete counter tops because his best friend did them in his house and subsequent family houses after that. So he has been talking Jason through it and we have FINALLY poured the concrete after weeks of preparation. Now they have to cure for 2 weeks in the garage before we can seal them and then wait a few more days before moving them in to the house. I mean really- what's the rush? It's only been since FEBRUARY!

This is the before picture of the 2'x2' cell that we called a shower for so long. I didn't actually take a picture of the inside. That's because I refused to clean it before we demolished it, and it was gross.
Here is during the demolition. I waited until the boys were taking stuff outside before I took this picture. They accused me of making their work longer because they had to wait for me to take pictures. Well, not this time!
The new walls going up and Brendan fixing the holes inside the shower, because they didn't need to be done. That way, we didn't care what they looked like. Although- he did do a great job!

Here is the new shower in the same view as the 'before' picture.
A view of the rain shower head.
The frameless glass door.
Here is a view of the pebble tiles that we bought for the shower floor. It's like a foot massage everytime you shower! There is a drain cover on there now. And the pebbles are wet. The grout looks darker when wet... I wanted it to be that way at all times. Oh well. The guy at the grout store said I could tear it all out and start over. It was all I could do to not slap him. I was 9 months pregnant at the time. Did I mention that I grouted all by myself?

5 comments:

  1. you could charge $5 per shower.
    looks great!


    pop

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it! The tile is so beautiful and your grout is amazing!!! I wish I had a "handy" husband :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous! It looks so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a terrific job!!! I'm so proud of you both, the shower looks FANTASTIC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! I am really impressed it looks fantastic and really relaxing!

    ReplyDelete