Monday, October 31, 2011

Trick or Treat!

This has been a great Halloween season for us. Tonight was our first Halloween in a neighborhood with more than 20 kids. I bought so much candy. Last year I only handed out 10 candies but I knew this year was going to be ridiculous.
Brendan had a blast with all of the kids in the neighborhood. It also makes me smile to see him with so many friends. They were all running around with Addison on their heels at all times. It's a good thing drivers were very careful on this street.

Addison yelled Twick r trweet! down the street all night long tonight.  I had a huge grin on my face as I ate up the memory of my two year old dragging her candy bag, refusing me to help her at all.  She even refused to dress up.  She went as a two year old.  I've learned to pick my battles with her.  Dressing up for Halloween is not one of them.  Right now it is potty training.  She is doing really well, by the way. 

We were invited to a block party at the neighbors down the street to eat dinner before we went trick-or-treating. I should have taken my camera. It was really fun. I even dressed up.*  When taking Jason's suit to the dry cleaners this afternoon I saw the host of the block party wearing a costume.  I kind of freaked out because what if I was the only one not going to be dressed up?  I would be the totally lame newbie on the block that didn't dress up.  I was cutting it close to begin with on running that errand and with 20 minutes to go I dug through my suitcases of cheerleading uniforms, prom dresses and my wedding dress trying to find the medieval princess dress my Mom made three or four years ago.  I even got out the tiara that I had in the jewelry chest.  In talking with one of the neighbors he said "You just have that laying around?"  to which I replied, "Every girl wants a tiara!  I finally bought one with this dress a few years ago.  Luckily, I knew where it was."  The good news is next year I don't have to worry about dressing up if I don't want to because only half of the people did.  But it's good to know that it is an option- and with two parties to attend, buying one will be more worth it.  I could just wear the tiara again. It really does apply to any situation.

*Sidebar* Sorry Dave and Debbie... as I didn't dress up for the annual Nigbur Halloween Party, to which I also didn't use a camera. (Well, I did wear a GAP employee tag to which I've never worn one... what? I was totally creative when my costumes were boxed up.) What am I? I must be going insane without the usage of my camera. To be honest, my camera is broken again. AGAIN. The flash isn't popping up. It's making me so mad! With all the repairs of this damn camera I could have bought a new one! So, unless I am in bright or natural light it is a disaster. *End Sidebar*

 This was my Jango Fett.  He was this last year but because we were new to this area it was new too.  And, we bought the jet pack to go along with it.  Win win!  I hurried and grabed my camera before it was too dark before we went door to door.

 My Stubborn Two-Year-Old and Jango. It was 65* today!  It was a Christmas Miracle!!  That is almost like living in San Diego, only not.  It made me want to get out and do yard work!  It only got a little chilly after the sun went down and Addison at least let me put on a jacket and hat.  I swear her princess costume was super cute!


This was me circa 2007 with my dress and tiara. And a super cute Batman, who looks like he's sucking his thumb, but really isn't.  He wasn't a thumb sucker.  Thank goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment