Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Highlights of Hawaii

It's kind of a mute point at this late stage to talk about our amazing trip out to Hawaii in August.  It was upstaged by lame randomness that I don't really need to remind you about right?

My first favorite thing was that Every morning we would walk down to the McDonald's that was a few blocks away from our hotel. It was right across the street from Waikiki so we would get our food to go. We would cross the street and eat our food on a nice park picnic table under a pergola while watching the surf come in. When I retire, this is where I want to be.  Every day!  We also were watching the pigeons eating my mom's rice. Out of principle, mother, I will NOT be posting one of those photos. (I kept telling her that getting 100 of those pictures WHILE IN HAWAII, was not appropriate. Under any freeway overpass, maybe- but not Hawaii.)

This time of day was very uncrowded, but the people that were there were fun to watch.  Check out those two hotties walking along the beach.  Wowza!!  Tropical sun really boosts your confidence factor by at least six points!  I should know, I was TOTALLY confident in going into surgery right after I got home.  The OR staff that day were the only people to witness my glorious tan lines, besides Jason.   Because when I was coherent enough to talk to people- it had already faded. Boo.

The second best part was going on an excursion to go swimming in the ocean with real, wild, spinner dolphins! The dolphins eat further out in the ocean at night while the sharks are sleeping and then during the day they come in closer to shore to digest out of harms way. Our tour guide found a whole pod of dolphins for us to jump in with. They are protected under Hawaiian law so we couldn't touch them. They pretty much kept their distance, but a lot of them came within arms length.



 That is my dad trying to stay away from the sea turtle almost ramming him.  At top low speeds, anyway.
 The camera guy they had on board was a professional photographer.  He also had an underwater contraption for his camera that he could put it in to be water sealed.  I did not take any of these pictures.  I just bought the CD that he provided afterward.  I figured my rinky dink underwater camera could be used another time.  This is a picture of Mom & Dad.  Jason was no where to be found.  After I did finally find him, I kept asking him to come over by me so the photographer would take our picture like this.  He had no idea what I was talking about so he ignored me.  He said "I'm getting pictures over here."   I was so mad at him.  He was too busy chasing after that damn sea turtle.  So when I got the CD - EVERY COUPLE on that ship had their pictures there, except us.  I asked Jason if I could be mad at him again, because now that he realizes what I was trying to say it's done and done.  He should have listened to me in the first place.  Sometimes he just is in his own little space and time does his thing.  It would have been nice to have a cool picture like this though.
                                 The photographer caught one of Jason diving after the turtle.

The second best part of this trip was being just totally chilled and relaxed.  We didn't have a heavy agenda and naps were taken.  I was well rested.  Now, being that Jason had to work for three days, he would tell you a different story. His would be one with long hours, having to get up early, yada yada yada.  WE WERE IN HAWAII!   Although, I thank SO much for having to work.  It's because of him that we were able to go there in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment