Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Lets start at the very beginning

This summer has turned out to be a full one.  Mostly full of chaos, but mostly we've been never-ending busy. 

Right after school ended for Brendan I did a victory dance.  One, because he's getting so smart and growing so fast that he is at the top of his class.  And two, because I NEVER have to drive him to/from school again!  This is doubly exciting because we trekked him out to a different elementary school to be with my Mother-In-Law who worked there. You can review the whole story here. Before we moved she would pick him up on her way to school and then I would only have to drive him home two days a week.  Debbie would take home on Mondays and then my SIL Hayley would drive the other two days.  Now, Hayley drove triple the distance I did but both her Mom and MIL worked there.  It was nice to have a carpooling system because that is what I would have had if Brendan went to the school that is in our area. After we moved, however, I was a loner. It was easy enough. It took about 10 minutes from our old house and now it took us 12-15 depending on that one light that NEVER TURNS GREEN, but then does... for one second.  The difficulty was getting Addison up.  I could run Brendan to school and be back before she even woke up, but then I would be the worst mother in the world.  It was so much easier on Jason's day's off.  We only had 2 months of maneuvering through.  On Brendan's report cards, the first two terms he was late 0 days. (Thank you Debbie.)  The last term said he had something like 10 tardies.  What?  The other mom I was talking to on Zoo Day was saying that her twin boys had something like 30.  I was feeling like a winner at that point!  And she even just lived around the corner!

So back to the victory dance.  Can you say bus-stop-right-across-the-street?  That's right folks.  He gets bussed. I don't even have to walk out of my house.  Although, I've been thinking about doing something like This Guy.

I have to say that I am very proud of my son.  He is an excellent kid.  He's above average on reading and math. And it comes with great relief that he is so.  All those Mozart headphones-to-the-belly when pregnant doesn't seem so crazy now, does it??  I am so glad that he is also the nice kid in school.  I am also glad he is not the smelly one.  At least not until he comes home and takes his socks off after running around all day.  I need him to drink more water so that comes through a little less potent.  Just kidding!  He's not THAT bad.  But, he is a boy, and boys do stink after a long hard day of play.

And play just might be the one thing he does the absolute best!

No comments:

Post a Comment