Friday, May 27, 2011

Another blowout game

Today as I was driving Brendan home from I reminded him that he had a ball game. Machine Pitch today. Then it came- the coolest confident statement ever said by my son.

"Do we play the Giants again?"

"Yes, we do." I said.

"They have NO IDEA how awesome we are at machine pitch!"

I guess the 14-4 score said that statement as well.  Well said, son.  Well said.

He is becoming a really great little ball player.  And he LOVES it.  That's all I cared about.  I wanted him to love it.  This slide was for me and my camera.  They were no where close to getting the ball to the catcher.  It was an awesome slide though.  Someone brought the black under eye makeup for all the boys today.  You know they all thought they were so cool!  And they WERE!

Then there is the other side of the game.  The game that I get to play with Addison.  A game called "Addy- come here!   No, no!  Addison come back, please."  Then sometimes I just let it go.  I call her Helen Keller.  She's always begging for food from someone.  Doesn't really matter who.  In fact she went over to an older man who was holding popcorn.  Her favorite.  I had to corral her back over to the bench but then found another unsuspecting person who just might share....  "I'll share that with you." She says without words.

 And then for a moment we had a melt down because cousin Alyssa got to play with Grandma's phone and it wasn't her turn yet.  These two girls are so sweet until they get together.  Then it's a turf war of epic proportions.  Whether the turf be their house or Grandma's lap.  It doesn't matter.  I'm hoping they grow out of this stage. ASAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment