I hate how fast time flies. Just as you think you are catching your breath you blink and suddenly another moment is gone. And now, almost a week later, I am finally getting around to writing about your second birthday.
Although, in my defence, the blogger system had been down for a few days- so I get a little reprieve there.
You are growing so fast! I was praying that you would grow out of your colicky stage but didn't take into account that by the time it would stop you would be a bigger human being. You are a sassy little one with a big determination to do everything yourself. I call you Addisassy. Or Additude. Take your pick. You push my hands away so you can try yourself. You pat the counter or floor or wherever you want me to put something so you can have it all to yourself. Like this ice cream for example.
I love the little smirk on your face when you look at me the moment your going to do something you know you shouldn't. You are a sly little one. Sly and resourceful. You carry your little stool around the house so that you can climb to higher ground. Luckily you haven't fallen. Yet. I am waiting for that day though. Although, I don't worry about it. I was a climber... wait.... maybe that's what happened to me. I'll be on a careful lookout. And, yes you are about to suck the ice cream off your shirt. YUMMY!
I know that no two people are the same. What I find so entertaining is how much of a personality difference you have from your brother. I realize the gender difference. I realize the age difference. So maybe I'm just remembering wrong, but man! What a night and day difference you two are. He was so careful about how he ate and made a fuss when anything got on his hands. You seek out the mess in any situation. He is organized and seeks uniformity in his daily life and you are as disheveled as it gets. Puzzles? Who needs the puzzles put together! In a pile on the floor is where those belong! Disheveled, but prissy. You love all things girly and pretty. You love the jewelry and purses (especially what's in mine) and babies. You love to put makeup on as I am doing mine. And pretending does not suffice. I have to open the concealer and let you smear it all over your face. Which is actually totally fine with me because it gives me a few good minutes to get ready without you calling for me. MOM MOM MOM MOM! It comes in fours, I've noticed. I've come to realize that you have an actual pattern. MOM MOM MOM MOM.. pause.. repeated 3 times. More times if I haven't given you the full attention you demand. Even while driving. I have perfected the passing up and back of various things to keep you satisfied. It's a good thing your learning a lot of words to help with this process.
And shoes. You love shoes. But, only your one pair of shoes that I've had to buy in 3 sizes now. Good thing they keep them in stock. You love to wear mine though.
And Brendan's... And all his baseball hats. Worn backwards of course. And don't ask me what's drooling off your chin. Maybe it was a rock you found in the yard. Who knows. You put EVERYTHING in your mouth. Much to our chagrin.
The other day when you had my old "My Little Ponies" mommy and baby you had the mom giving the baby kisses. I just sat and watched as the nurturer in you came out. And then when I thought it couldn't get any sweeter you threw them across the room. Something else you like to do. Throw things. Sometimes you just throw them because you are done playing with them. But most times it's because your not getting your way. Throwing tantrums is a favorite. I try hard not to smile and laugh when I see your pouty little face that you get as you put your head down and seek out the corner of a room and go stand there. Then you come out and stomp that little foot of yours. Maybe two or three times just to get your point across. Then, if you haven't made your point you will find something to throw across the room. Get ready for that time out chair girl- because now that you're two it's coming out! See cousin Sam eating with a fork? Yes, you can say fork but you'd much rather eat with your hands. I guess it tastes better that way.
I love the way that you run everywhere you go. Your little hands to your side and your bum waddling back and forth. It's the prissiest run I've ever seen. But, it's your mode of transportation. And boy, you go everywhere! And get into everything! You are a whirlwind to be reckoned with. Tornado's be weary of this little girl.
I LOVE the way you love your brother. You two are best buddy's. It is Brendan's lot in life to make you laugh. And boy do I love to hear you laugh. You come and climb on me for safety, but really you want him to still wrestle and tickle you. He's even said that he keeps going even after you say no, "Because she doesn't really mean it.". I was so worried about the age difference between the two of you. The reality is that it is an advantage. There is nothing but love between the two of you and I hope it will always stay that way.
Love,
MOM MOM MOM MOM
No comments:
Post a Comment