You know you have one. Or maybe even two. A drawer full of size (X) jeans that you swore you’d fit into again someday after you've had your kids.
I have recently been on a diet (that I'll talk about soon.) that I have lost some considerable weight. So I delightfully go to said drawers and start trying on all my beloved jeans that were OH SO STYLISH back in 1999. They finally fit- only to be the dreaded MOM JEAN! The Gap 'Low Rise' was still up to my belly button with back pockets that could double as a fanny pack. They were not at all flattering, nor stylish. I am so sad. The best part about them is that they fit. They actually, zipped up and fit without me sucking in my gut. Nor did I have a muffin top, mostly because they were so high-waisted that it was impossible.
So, to the second hand store they go. But will other people love these jeans? Or will they be shunned- never to be worn again. Maybe I’ll keep them and make some kind of denim quilt. Yeah- that’s what I’ll do. Save humanity from the embarrassment of Mom Jeans.
Thanks a lot Universe. Over 10 years of wasted drawer space.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment