Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Giving Thanks

I actually started this post ON Thanksgiving. Somehow I have been once again side tracked and stressed out about everything. So, here I go- I'll post it tonight, finished or not.

Ah, Thanksgiving. Time for being grateful for being alive; for being with family and friends. This year I am so grateful for my family. Not just Jason and my wonderfully imperfect kids, but for my Mom and Dad and my Sisters and their families. For Jason's Parents and his Brothers and their families. We are all on this side of chaos, but we love each other unconditionally and are there for each other no matter what. None of us are perfect. Not even close. But, we don't let that interfere with our love for one another and let petty things get in the way of being together.

I have also been very blessed with wonderful friends too. My friends are the best. We all have the same values and goals and I think that can be one of the reasons that we have stayed so close over all these years. I'll go into a restaurant and see a table of little old ladies laughing and having a great time and think to myself that is EXACTLY what we will look like in another 30 years. Okay, 40. Anti-aging medicines and lotions are bound to be perfected by then!

I have been blessed with two beautiful children and a wonderful husband. Sure, they drive me a little crazy sometimes but let's be honest... I'm already there. They just push me over the edge every day once in a while. At least they love me for who I am and haven't yet wished I was "someone elses" mother. Or wife, for that matter.

I'm grateful that Brendan is learning so much in school. He was just put in the advanced Independent Learning Unit in his class because he was getting bored of the regular work. He is doing so well in whatever he tries, and that makes Jason and me so proud. He is a good kid. So obedient, honest, funny, tender, smart, more mature than I would like and talkative. He literally talks from the moment he wakes up to the second he falls asleep at night. Even his teacher at PTC told us that he loves to talk. Hmmm... I wonder where he got that?

Addison is a spitfire. She is a non-stop whirlwind of go. I affectionately call her "Tornado". No matter what she does she is whizzing around putting things here, putting things there- if you'll remember she has a thing for putting things away. My mom said to me the other day that she found her fridge magnets in a cupboard next to her stove. Because naturally, that's where they should go. There is no point in trying to keep things tidy while she's awake either, because she dumps everything out. She's gotta check out her options. And only things that shouldn't be put away get put away. That girl is so smart. She's funny, caring, sassy, independent, sassy, cuddly, sassy and has an attitude that I can only describe as one that I may have had at one point in my life. Or still. My mom did tell me I had an attitude once. I think I was rolling my eyes at that point. I don't remember. HA! She had a shirt made for me saying "If you don't like my attitude, then quit talking to me!" Boy, are my hands full! love Love LOVE her! Miss sassafras tornado. I'm gonna have to shorten that nickname just a bit.

I'm thankful for Jason's employment status. We are so blessed to have a roof over our heads and a warm bed to sleep in. We are never without food and have never missed any bills. This is a huge blessing in a time of economic uncertainty. Not to say that he will have a job in a year, but his position is pretty stable and that makes me more confident. He's a smart man, that Jason. And we thank the Lord every night that he has a job. I also thank the Lord that Jason is mine. All mine. Most of the time, anyway.

I hope that this next year can be just as fulfilling as this one has been. I have counted all my blessings one by one- and it didn't surprise me what the Lord has done. He has given us so much. And for all of these things I thank Him who gave them to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment