Tuesday, October 5, 2010
Toothless
Brendan's front two teeth have been so loose for so long I can't even remember. Here, in his handsome school picture you can see that they have migrated to the middle of is mouth because they are so loose. I'll be honest. I was dreading the no front teeth picture for this year. I don't know why, other than I had so many teeth issues that I don't want that for my kids. I think this is the cutest picture of the whole school. That was August.
Now, it's October and literally, you could see the top of the tooth he could bend it so much. It was disgusting to say the least, and he was a wimp about us pulling it out at best. Finally after begging, bribing, and showering him with "We'll let you do this...." we finally gave up and did what every other parent does. Sit on him and yank it out while he was kicking and screaming. Although, I use the work yank loosely, because if I flicked it with my finger it would have just come right out. One twist of the wrist and POP- gone. After all the tears he asks "Is it out yet?" Oh yeah! You didn't even feel it. So now that that tooth's crutch was gone the other one was literally hanging on because the other one was no longer holding it there. So now it is in the middle of the mouth looking like Quasimodo. But NO! YOU MAY NOT PULL MY OTHER TOOTH! Bribe after hopeful bribe, the other one was not coming out.
Saturday the Tooth Fairy left a note for Brendan saying that she was so sad to only see one of the teeth and that she hoped to see it that night. Brendan didn't buy it. So after more prepping and bribing- it ended the same way the other one did. Jason holding him down while I flicked that one out. I think he was not wanting to look funny without his two front teeth, but I'll be damned if that kid is not going to sing "All I want for Christmas is my Two Front Teeth" this year. I've got him practicing 'Sister Suzy Sitting on a Thistle.' Plus, he looks SO CUTE!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment