Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A whole new level of mischief

Addison is completely walking now. She started taking her first steps 2 weeks ago but walking is her preferred mode of transportation. She still looks like a little drunken sailor but is rarely falling down. This last weekend I left her with my parents as the Nigburs all went on a camping trip. (more on that later) When we left she was taking 10 or so steps before falling down. We get back and she walked from my family room to the bedroom on the other side of the house. I guess there are good and bad things about her walking.

For the good; I no longer have to make sure every minuscule particle on the floor is picked up before she eats it. She also will no longer have dirty knees and tops of her feet. I am going to miss her speed crawling. She was a champ! I also love watching her chase after Brendan at a speed slightly faster than a turtle. She giggles and thinks it's the greatest! She also no longer has to carry things in her mouth as she moves because her hands are free. Although, she must have things to carry at all times. Do you see the mischief in her eyes? Such a little sass-a-frass.

There really isn't a lot of bad news. She is now noticing the cabinet door pulls so I need to go buy some locks. She especially thinks the garbage cabinet is fun. I will also miss her mopping my wood floors with her knees and feet.

She is ever the princess too. She loves shoes and hands them to you to put them on her. She also wants her hair done with a bow. She loves to sit with me while I do my makeup and 'do' hers too. And last week she handed me a nail polish to paint her toe nails. She is only ONE people. I have a LONG road ahead. Lord grant me patience.

1 comment:

  1. I think she looks like you in this picture. She sure acts like you! :) Cutie Patootie!

    ReplyDelete