Friday, February 26, 2010

Only a few months late

Christmas this last year was really fun. In addition to having elf drama it was Addison's first. Our traditions keep us really busy on both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. First, we head over to my Uncle Dave's house for the Pettingill family party. I then drive straight over to the Nigbur family's party. I don't know why I didn't take my camera in- It's always a party! Even though we eat at Dave's I usually have a thing or four at the Nigbur's. You can't resist the German potato salad. It's impossible!

Alyssa and Addison had their party dresses on. Lyssa kept pulling Addy's flower off her head. Jason did say that it looked like she had a satellite on her head. I think it's adorable! It matches the ruffly dress she's wearing. It was a hit.

We have a wonderful dinner and then the kids decorate cookies for Santa. Uncle Corey started this cookie tradition last year. It's also a hit!

Next the kiddo's get to open their presents. Brendan helped Addison this year. He is such a great brother!

Here we are. Minus Jason. He usually has to work on Christmas Eve. Stupid refinery not shutting down. At least he doesn't have to work Christmas Day. This year. My sweet children.

Christmas morning is always fun with Brendan. He has been good so far and has always come in to get us before going in to peek at what Santa has left him. Growing up we would always sneak a peek before waking up my parents. Maybe he's afraid. A weird man came into your house and left something. At least I had my sisters as back up.


Brendan's face as he sees that Santa left presents.
The elves DID bring it back!! Notice that the age says 9-14. After taking Jason 6 hours of putting it together we told him he has to be 9 before he can take it apart. Santa brought Addison a present also. He had no idea it was going to be so huge! When he ordered it online he thought it was about 1/4 that size. Bonus!For brunch we go to the Pettingill's. Always chaos, but tons of fun. Our Christmas with the Pettingill's this year was our trip to Disneyland. We all LOVED our present and wish we can go again in 6 more years. Grandma did surprise him with Lego's from the Lego store in Downtown Disney. It was so hard for us to try and tell him that he didn't need those particular ones while we were there. I felt like the meanest mom! But- he was so grateful for the surprise! After a quick nap we go to Christmas Dinner at the Nigbur's. Dave and Debbie always have a special feast. This year it was prime rib. YUM! Brendan got more Lego's and baseball gloves. He wears them all the time. Addy got her first dolly stroller. Coincidentally, Uncle Dave had given her the doll last night! Neither parties knew of the other's present.

What was MY favorite present? This dress. I have wanted this dress for so long! Grandma Nigbur hand knits one for all of her Granddaughters and Great-Granddaughters. She is dwindleing down on the knitting though because her shoulder is starting to hurt really bad so I thought I might never get one. I am SO glad that I did. What an heirloom to have! I just might let Addy wear it.

Special lace she got from Germany. It is the Edelweiss flower.

4 comments:

  1. I love Addisons flower. I decided if this baby is a girl I am going to make her a lot of those cute flower headbands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jessi. I'll tell Jason. I think he's the only one who didn't appreciate the cuteness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, that's the cutest dress ever. You MUST post pictures of her in the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda, I will let her get her pictures done, however, it is still a little too big. I think it's a size 2. So I will just get to admire it for now. :)

    ReplyDelete