She has been out as long as she was in!
These first nine months of her life have been amazing. Amazingly challenging yet amazingly wonderful. Her personality has shined through these last few weeks as she is finding her independence. She is rolling everywhere- eating anything that is in her way. She loves all the dead leaves that Bentley has brought in the house- along with any toy that is lying around. I have had to remove my houseplants that were on the floor because those were a favorite target. She nearly had both of them tipped over. I fortunately caught them before she was eating potting soil. Now I just need to figure out a place for them besides my counter! She is getting up on her knees now as opposed to just rolling. She looks at something, and start rolling to it without stopping. If she is off target she will stop- look at the target- and then adjust her body by scooting around until she can start rolling again. Another favorite target is Bentley. She loves rolling following him around. Bentley, on the other hand is not impressed. He wishes that I could put him up on the counter with the plants. When he's had enough, however, he will go inside his kennel where she can't get him. I have recorded this method of transportation because it is hilarious! Her crawling right now is limited to backwards. She wants to go forward so badly, but when she reaches out she falls on her tummy. She loves to get to the wood floors and scoot backwards too.Rolling and eating
Her top four teeth are sure taking their sweet time in coming in. The doctor said at her nine month check up that the forward protruding teeth can take a while coming in. Awesome, right? Meanwhile, I am going bald and senile.The "Mom, your taking pictures instead of holding me!" pout.
Her acid reflux is getting better. I am not having to give her meds every day now. It's a trial and error process watching for signals that she is needing them. Hopefully she will be totally off of those soon. Dr. Lei says he wants her to be off by the year mark. "Mom, I am still not amused with the camera!"
She and Brendan get along so well. Her eyes just light up when she sees him. The feeling is mutual because he lights up as well. I love the drive to take him to school when he is back there talking baby talk to her. He is always talking of the day when they can sleep in a bunk bed together. He'll let her have the bottom bunk- because he is the total gentleman. I asked him what he is going to do when she wants a princess room. He says "I don't even care!" He still wants to share a bunk bed. We'll see in a few years if that changes. She still has quite a while before we even think about bigger beds. I'm just thinking I'm ready for her to start sleeping through the night again! She slept through the night at two weeks. She stopped sleeping as she has started getting these top teeth.
She and Brendan get along so well. Her eyes just light up when she sees him. The feeling is mutual because he lights up as well. I love the drive to take him to school when he is back there talking baby talk to her. He is always talking of the day when they can sleep in a bunk bed together. He'll let her have the bottom bunk- because he is the total gentleman. I asked him what he is going to do when she wants a princess room. He says "I don't even care!" He still wants to share a bunk bed. We'll see in a few years if that changes. She still has quite a while before we even think about bigger beds. I'm just thinking I'm ready for her to start sleeping through the night again! She slept through the night at two weeks. She stopped sleeping as she has started getting these top teeth.The toy basket that she can pull over and get everything out all over the floor. Why do I bother putting them back in? It's a fun game for her.
She's a cutie! I love the pouty face!
ReplyDeleteShe is darling. I can't believe she is already that big!!
ReplyDelete