Monday, December 7, 2009

Three weeks of anticipating angony

Brendan has had a loose tooth for almost a month now. He WOULD NOT let anyone pull it out. We had to beg him for us to even see it and have him wiggle it around on his own. At first we could get him to let us 'see' how it wiggled. But then the looser it got, the more evasive he became. He was sure that it was going to kill him.

Jason tried to "wiggle" it out a few weeks ago... Then I had Brendan pull off his fake lashes, because that's just plain gross for boys to wear those things. Especially when they are six. After school today Brendan was helping me fold and put away his laundry and while chewing a piece of gum said "Mom, I'm tired of chewing with my tooth in the way." So I said "Then pull it out ALREADY! If you just grab it and twist it like your opening a bottle, it will come right out."

So he did. WAIT! I cried as he was reaching in his mouth! LET ME GET MY CAMERA! I got back to see a bloody tooth in his little hand. And my new camera was on the WRONG SETTING. So, I got pictures of him at dinner. He wanted pizza. And because we told him a few weeks ago that we would rent him a game if he would pull his tooth out, we had to rent him a game. (Although, that deal was for that day only.... try to explain that to a 6 year old.) You can see if you enlarge the picture that his other tooth is already growing in.Look at that focus on that little tooth! I mean, this new camera is awesome! I just got it about a week ago, and I have taken probably a million pictures to try to figure it all out. My last camera had 4MP on it. I think my PHONE has 4. My sister Kelly made fun of me about it a few weekends ago when we all got together for our Gingerbread house/Santa day. But, look at me now. Expect to see a LOT of pictures. Like- this one for example. How cute are these kids? He is such a good big brother!

3 comments:

  1. Kylie is going to be sooooo jealous! Congrats on the new cam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandy I wasn't making fun of you, I was just saying that it is amazing how fast technology evolves. Nice pictures! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not looking forward to my kids loosing teeth. Those pictures made me cringe. I always hated the bloody hole in my mouth when I lost a tooth. Ewwwww.

    ReplyDelete